+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Because there is a margin of error, if it's clear the player is ahead, no one is bothered
    Maybe I'm being thick here, but what's the margin in the cases where it's not clear? It still ends up with VAR drawing lines on a freeze frame to see if the lino made a mistake, doesn't it?

I don't get this who thing about drawing lines on the screen to work out if someone is offside. the whole point of VAR was for Clear and Obvious errors to be reviewed. if you are having to draw lines on a freeze frame and then zoom right in, how it is obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Maybe I'm being thick here, but what's the margin in the cases wher7e it's not clear? It still ends up with VAR drawing lines on a freeze frame to see if the lino made a mistake, doesn't it?
    It really needs to be automated but like anything its never going to be 100% bang on.

My issue is VAR team can freeze frames when they think its right and it could be wrong in other words they can get the result they want with no comeback.

Take a look at Spurs v Liverpool game and tell me that game wasnt rigged that Diaz goal wasnt a mistake it was outright cheating.

IMO its taken too much away from the game as even with it bad calls are made and we know this as they say "sorry" a few times !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    It really needs to be automated but like anything its never going to be 100% bang on.

My issue is VAR team can freeze frames when they think its right and it could be wrong in other words they can get the result they want with no comeback.

Take a look at Spurs v Liverpool game and tell me that game wasnt rigged that Diaz goal wasnt a mistake it was outright cheating.

IMO its taken too much away from the game as even with it bad calls are made and we know this as they say "sorry" a few times !
    It wasn’t cheating at all. If you listen to the audio of that situation the error comes from VAR advising incorrectly that the on field decision was correct - as they thought the on field decision was to award the goal not realising offside had been given. The annoying thing about that situation is they realised very very quickly they had ****ed up and for some ridiculous reason couldn’t stop the game and gone ‘sorry lads, mis communication - goal stands’.

Having watched the cup games and the PL highlights regularly the only conclusion that I can come to is that we do not know how to use technology effectively in this country, and that doesn't just apply to football.

It's as if those running things are brain dead.

And how that Maguire can just push an attacker from behind and bundle him off the ball and repeatedly get away with it makes me think I'm watching American Football not UK football. Shoulder to shoulder was understandable and even then not when it is a battering ram, and I hope Macca never has to come across someone like that with the current standard of refereeing.

The standard of refereeing will never improve whilst a/ grass roots refs get zero support and b/ until all the abuse stops.
    Like footballers, referees make mistakes. However, for some reason refs cop it more than anyone else.
    Having helped run an u9’s and u11’s teams this season and occasionally reffed games and can honestly say it’s the worst experience in football. Having played football for 35 plus years I have never encountered the **** I got from kids or parents. I did it for free and did to the best of my none qualified referee ability based on how I play the game. Without l a referee we have no game. It’s that simple.
    Anyone who thinks it’s an easy gig, I suggest you go to your local kids or Sunday pub team and offer your services. I can honestly say you will regret it.
    I like the fact that we don’t have VAR - you know decisions will go for and against you and hope that over the course of a season it balances itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It wasn’t cheating at all. If you listen to the audio of that situation the error comes from VAR advising incorrectly that the on field decision was correct - as they thought the on field decision was to award the goal not realising offside had been given. The annoying thing about that situation is they realised very very quickly they had ****ed up and for some ridiculous reason couldn’t stop the game and gone ‘sorry lads, mis communication - goal stands’.
    Look at the two red cards as well and if it wasnt cheating why is Darren England not allowed on Liverpool games then ?

How hard is it to not play on until you are sure ?

Im firmly in the camp some games are rigged.

You have Michael Oliver and his 3 mates doing a gig in UAE now he may not cheat but £30-50k to ref one game is lots of dough.

Which football team is the only one not to have a VAR call be looked at and go against them ? A clue they are owned by UAE.

Be fare, as notts fans we hammer refs on a game to game basis, it’s part of being a fan and yesterdays game was no different, most footballing decisions are objective to the fans of every club and we just have to except them and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    Be fare, as notts fans we hammer refs on a game to game basis, it’s part of being a fan and yesterdays game was no different, most footballing decisions are objective to the fans of every club and we just have to except them and move on.
    True.

Its clear you will never get 100% in anything in life and the coverage 24/7, social media and replays dont make things easy.

Look at those pair of t**ts Carragher/Neville both got warned to tone down having a go at officials and they did it openly on live tv, Forest send ONE tweet (PR Nightmare) and those two are all over them.

Reality is Sky probably like the drama and afterall they are the ones who created that selfish money is everything monster along with the clubs.

[QUOTE=The_Don_ORiordan;40492933]The Liverpool home game is the one that sticks in my mind.

Notts were 1-0 up at half time. TJ scored a cracking goal. At half time Souness went into the ref’s room and I honestly remember us not winning a throw in after that. Never seen a change like that before or since.

I’d love to watch that game again as it was probably the most biased officiating second half that I’d ever seen. I left the ground thinking being relegated might not be a bad thing!

I think reds fans are thinking the same right now.

I watched the game. A draw would probably have been a fair result for two poor sides.[/QUO
    TE]

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast