+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

One thing about the FL is we don’t have VAR and that is a positive as it’s not working as it should do.

Every week in at least 2-3 games there is a howler and then Sky / ref watch whoever will defend it I mean Sky can’t have their “brand” being slammed can they ?!

I really don’t think I’d want to see us get to that level Championship would be as high as I would want to go but I guess they might have VAR at some point too.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    It isn’t in a natural position as his arm is away from his body these aren’t MY rules they are FIFA rules.

I know it’s stupid but they are given 99% of the time put it this way if we weren’t given that with VAR available I’d be angry as well given these are the new rules shall we say.

I don’t have a fondness for Forest either but tribalism is what ruins football imo when serious questions need to be asked about the game.
    FIFA don't make rules. IFAB make laws though

What VAR has been successful in showing up is just how poor and thick many of our refs are (including Atwell, although I haven't seen the decisions properly to comment). Hopefully it will lead to a focus on improving the standard if nothing else.

The number of times Taylor, Tierney, or Cavanagh referee Arsenal games (often against teams from Manchester) would have Forest fans going apoplectic if it was them. Would be neat if someone could sell them a dummy for Christmas.

It isn’t in a natural position as his arm is away from his body these aren’t MY rules they are FIFA rules.

I know it’s stupid but they are given 99% of the time put it this way if we weren’t given that with VAR available I’d be angry as well given these are the new rules shall we say.

I don’t have a fondness for Forest either but tribalism is what ruins football imo when serious questions need to be asked about the game.
    Weren't the so called experts on MOTD saying that Grelish wasn't penalised for handball in yesterday's semi-final because his arm was moving back from an unnatural position TOWARDS his body though?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    FIFA don't make rules. IFAB make laws though
    Them then it is their stupid rules.

I agree it was deliberately done and in the old days haha it wouldn’t ever be given but now they are.

Every year they bring something new into play and it ruins it.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Gary Neville has just said that statement by Forest is embarrassing. There is many a team who will have thought they should have had clear cut penalties, same as goals scored that are offside, that did or didn't stand.
    Don't go to Greece on your holidays is my advice the the VAR Official 😆😆
    And don't take up baking

Quote Originally Posted by LincsPie View Post
    Weren't the so called experts on MOTD saying that Grelish wasn't penalised for handball in yesterday's semi-final because his arm was moving back from an unnatural position TOWARDS his body though?
    Well they did say that and take a look at who was ref yesterday Mr Michael “UAE” Oliver he and 3 of his team England, Cook and someone else seem to be involved in lots of dodgy calls that impact Man City.

It wasn’t given as they didn’t want to give it is all I’ll say.

Take a look at the Doku challenge against Liverpool …..Oliver is telling Attwell on VAR “No no no not a penalty” how can he say that to the VAR official ?

Attwell then says “They both go in high which is complete lie as Macallister has his feet on ground” I think corruption is involved purely on what I am seeing if it can happen in Spain, Italy, Greece it can happen here but our media like to think us Brits would never do anything like that

Well FIFA rules if your arm is in an unnatural position which it is then it’s a penalty you look at loads given like that over the season.
    Unnatural is still a matter of opinion and in the opinion of the ref/var it was ok. Whatever, for an official account to suggest var’s decisions are being influenced by who they support is er pretty incendiary(pardon the pun).

I remember the last time we were in the top division and loads of these decisions went against us. There’s no doubt the bigger clubs get the majority of them but Forest have chosen to go in hard on a… Luton fan?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Unnatural is still a matter of opinion and in the opinion of the ref/var it was ok. Whatever, for an official account to suggest var’s decisions are being influenced by who they support is er pretty incendiary(pardon the pun).

I remember the last time we were in the top division and loads of these decisions went against us. There’s no doubt the bigger clubs get the majority of them but Forest have chosen to go in hard on a… Luton fan?
    I agree this could seriously backfire the PL could give them more points for the appeal now who knows.

Forest biggest concern isn’t big clubs they are worried about Luton and to some extent Burnley

I don’t have a fondness for Forest either but tribalism is what ruins football imo.
    Really? In my opinion tribalism is what makes football. The day I don't enjoy Forest getting the rough end of the stick however unfair is the day I would ask to be voluntarily euthanised.

Looks like Mark Clattenburg is rivalling Harry Arter in the 'value for money' stakes!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast