+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack Walton

Jack Walton

The keeper deserves special credit for playing in every match

After our nightmare goalkeeper of last season (I’ve tried to blank it all out but I remember he was Australian) having someone solid this year has been brilliant

Randomly I know a couple of Luton fans and they don’t rate him down there where he is third choice

Surely he’d fancy being at a club where he is liked and in the top flight

I’m hoping it could be a welcome home to tannadice for Jack in the summer

Yes he has done well but I think he is learning all the time & this season will have done him a lot of good.
    I hope I don't sound uncharitable but I wouldn't like him to be our number one goalie next season.
    Thing is there's a lot of very good goalies out there looking for first team spots, good goalies are easy to come by which on reflection makes last season all the more lamentable.
    The Sliders' goalie is a case in point. 6 games in 5 years at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Yes he has done well but I think he is learning all the time & this season will have done him a lot of good.
    I hope I don't sound uncharitable but I wouldn't like him to be our number one goalie next season.
    Thing is there's a lot of very good goalies out there looking for first team spots, good goalies are easy to come by which on reflection makes last season all the more lamentable.
    The Sliders' goalie is a case in point. 6 games in 5 years at Hibs.
    I’m not sure that good goalies are that easy to come by

A few prem teams have struggled to find someone decent over the years

With his experience and how he performed last year I do think Jack could make the step up to the Scottish premier league

We need two solid keepers for next season, I'd be happy enough if Walton was one of the two competing for starts

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We need two solid keepers for next season, I'd be happy enough if Walton was one of the two competing for starts
    Newman on a contract for next season already so is that just 1 or does he drop to 3 rd choice

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Diddley View Post
    Newman on a contract for next season already so is that just 1 or does he drop to 3 rd choice
    I'd be putting Newman out on loan to a championship club to get some gametime and bringing in someone experienced ( and not f*cking Australian) to compete for the jersey with Walton if he decides to stay with us.

As good as our defense was I lost some confidence in the keeper in later games, just seemed to wobble a bit in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotinUSA View Post
    As good as our defence was I lost some confidence in the keeper in later games, just seemed to wobble a bit in my opinion.
    I agree. he's wobbled when he had more to do or been under pressure in games ie. that difficult feb/march. When we are in the top league he will have a lot more to do. He is a competent keeper but I would want another experienced and competent keeper and Newman out on loan for the season

Just shows again he's more than good enough to be one of our two keepers next season

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)