+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bottlers!!

Bottlers!!

Not really been on here much recently - the negativity is really just a turn off for me following our [And everyone elses drop in form at the sharp end of the season] after what has been the best season for a few years - despite the dodgy start.

Quite ironic really, all this talk of the team being bottlers, not trying, stealing a wage etc etc etc, the useless manager ....
    then all the negativity around our chances should we not make the top two and go into the play offs....

Think there's more "Bottlers" on here than out on the pitch lol!!

If you look at my posting over the years I'm generally not a neg head.

However, this last 5 games and the mind set that we must play grown men doing their occupation until they get their act together really has been a bridge too far. I can't understand the obsession with playing an inconsistent striker when you have some other strikers sitting on the bench. This has been a thing for Leeds since he came to our club. There is an obsession there that I can't understand. Especially when I see younger, quicker and more hungry players on the bench that might just be the spark we need. we have all of the other pieces but can't seem to get around this one.

Said it on a previous post. A single striker has one job to do. It's the simplest position in the game to develop tactics for. It's a difficult job but if you aren't scoring then you need to give someone else a chance. What's especially infuriating is that Joseph's goals per minutue has to be off the scale. Joffy would likely be the same if he ever got a go.

we are losing because we can't score. Everything else is working (for the championship level). We persist in repeating the same tactic and now it's likley too late. If we didn't have other options I could understand it.

Farke's done wonders but he suffers from the same curse that MB had on this obsession to play someone that's not getting the job done.

And I do understand that the player in question does other things well. However, when you don't score and you must win the other items become superfluous. we need someone that's sole obsession is putting the ball in the back of the net.

I’m still positive Tichi - it ain’t over till it’s over.

If we go via the playoffs then we’ve paid our dues and finally must come good.

So you let a few posters put you off posting tichi and then brand them bottlers

You get knee-jerk reactions with a few piss poor performances and for those of us who have supported this club from a certain age you kind of know how things are usually gonna pan out for us if its the play-offs.

The general feeling is if we don't get auto we ain't going up , that is what persistent failure in the play-offs does to you tichi.

Desperate for us to go up but if its the play-offs my personal opinion is we won't , be nice to be proved wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    So you let a few posters put you off posting tichi and then brand them bottlers

You get knee-jerk reactions with a few piss poor performances and for those of us who have supported this club from a certain age you kind of know how things are usually gonna pan out for us if its the play-offs.

The general feeling is if we don't get auto we ain't going up , that is what persistent failure in the play-offs does to you tichi.

Desperate for us to go up but if its the play-offs my personal opinion is we won't , be nice to be proved wrong though.
    T'was meant slightly tongue in cheek Rev - not a serious swipe as I know exactly how wound up we all get imediately after a poor performance - which is why I tend not to post in "the heat of the moment" but I take your point.
    The point I was clumsily trying to make is that we, like a lot of teams struggle against 10 men defences, but do ok in open games - last night being an example - and from when I posted until the end of the season I didn't forsee any teams "parking the bus" against us - even in the play offs should we end up there - so saw it as a reason for optimism.

Still think we will be going up - even though i'm not sure if that is what I really want..... VAR and all.

VAR is really starting to bring up the question of integrity in the game. Some of us think that the FA is corrupt to the core. However, VAR only seems to quantify that. It's really been awful the past season. To a neutral fan it almost defies belief how biased some of the calls are.

On a serious note. I really do enjoy the championship. It's often really good football and the officiating is so much "quicker". There are always bad calls in any game at any level but at least it's quick and the game gets going quickly.

Agreed Spaldy and the problem with over exposure and too many pundits is that silly ideas get hold, develop currency and are brought in to change the game.

Sport isn’t meant to be perfect no matter how much we strive for it - the striving for but not quite attaining it is a large part of what a few of us coming back I suspect.

Those that run football seem to think you can strive for perfection in all aspects of the game and introduce rules that don’t reflect the practical aspect of how the game is played often using officials to make decisions that haven’t played at any significant level - all overseen by bureaucrats who are just interested in the financials.

Football in my eyes is supposed to be a fast paced flowing game. Just as the players will make mistakes so will the match day officials. It’s part of the game.

Not only do all the reviews slow the game down - you have to wait to celebrate goals ffs in leagues where VAR operates - it removes responsibility from the ref and also means fans are starting to expect perfection which is unlikely to be achieved.

To compound it all the officials used for VAR etc often don’t seem to know what they are doing and there is little public explanation.

It is refreshing not to have VAR in the EFL and having bad match day officials gives those who like to moan something to moan about too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    T'was meant slightly tongue in cheek Rev - not a serious swipe as I know exactly how wound up we all get imediately after a poor performance - which is why I tend not to post in "the heat of the moment" but I take your point.
    The point I was clumsily trying to make is that we, like a lot of teams struggle against 10 men defences, but do ok in open games - last night being an example - and from when I posted until the end of the season I didn't forsee any teams "parking the bus" against us - even in the play offs should we end up there - so saw it as a reason for optimism.

Still think we will be going up - even though i'm not sure if that is what I really want..... VAR and all.
    Good post tichi - swear down this fecking club wears you down at times

Want us up desperately but agree the VAR and the top 6 corruption is slightly off putting but for me its about us being stable in that division so we can get the stadium expansion/makeover we need then see where we go from there...just hope I live long enough to see it!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)