+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Apart from the 67 and 70 cup finals, this was my second-ever away game. The connection? I bought Electric Warrior in Clydesdale TV’s shop in Keith that very morning. Double dunter, giving the Jutes a pasting.

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/...report?id=3017
    A very fine album indeed.

Has aged well too which is more than can be said of the Jutes.

Was that a certain William Ferguson Miller that scored in the cup game?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    What was folks views on the red card?

I thought it was a yellow from where I sit, but not the best of angles for me. Did expect VAR to downgrade it and was shocked it stood.

Liam Kelly is a phud though.
    McKenzie took one for the team there like - a teep kick to the crotch a coked-up Jon Jones would have been proud of. Had to be subbed off a few minutes later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    McKenzie took one for the team there like - a teep kick to the crotch a coked-up Jon Jones would have been proud of. Had to be subbed off a few minutes later.
    Just watched the highlights. A foul possibly, but not a red for me. A sore one for Jack, but wasn't intentional.

Still think we would have won as thought we looked the better team over the ninety minutes.

So the question now is do we need to put shinnie back in next week? I can’t see where we’ve missed him. I’ve always been a massive fan but I wouldn’t change the starting team

A very fine album indeed.

Has aged well too which is more than can be said of the Jutes.

Was that a certain William Ferguson Miller that scored in the cup game?
    Bertie Miller. 6 didn’t join the club until July 72.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Bertie Miller. 6 didn’t join the club until July 72.
    Famously (against Arbroath? Or a meringue) while coming on as a sub, whipped aff his tracksuit breeks to discover he'd forgotten to put shorts on.

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    So the question now is do we need to put shinnie back in next week? I can’t see where we’ve missed him. I’ve always been a massive fan but I wouldn’t change the starting team
    I'd say aye.

Think some of the stick Shinnie has received this season has been well OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Next week...St Johnstone managed by Levein.
    The hammer-throwiest of all hammer throwers.

I'll hae Shinnie please.

Just watched the highlights. A foul possibly, but not a red for me. A sore one for Jack, but wasn't intentional.

Still think we would have won as thought we looked the better team over the ninety minutes.
    Aye, but in the modern day fan-dannery that passes for fitba, intent isnae an issue.
    Back in the day, at Inverdee or Sheddocksley that challenge gets shouts of 'Well in' and ' Let him ken yer there' and mebbe a free kick, depending on the moral compass of TBITB.

Nowadays.....it's a red.
    I guage every red card against Shinnie's in Dingwall last year.

If that was a red, this is jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Famously (against Arbroath? Or a meringue) while coming on as a sub, whipped aff his tracksuit breeks to discover he'd forgotten to put shorts on.
    Correct. Bumper was the other sub and Bertie had to dribble in kecks borrowed from him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast