+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aberdeen v Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Yaaaaas! Looking forward to Moog's bewildered reaction to Gartenmann's aerial dominance
    Well even a stopped clock is right twice a day min 😂

He was ok again. Still got bullied a few times, but overall ok. He’s a “continental” player. Will be decent in a slower, less frenetic league than ours. Here? He’s gonna get rag dolled constantly, so he needs to go end of season.

As for yesterday, not a classic, but job done which is all that matters just now. Never really dominated until they went down to 10, but never looked in any danger either.

It is good to see Leven telling them to believe in themselves & try to play fitba, instead of the eye bleeding hoofball that went before. The likes of Clarkson, Barron & Polvara have definitely benefited.

Trouble is, we’re just not very good at fitba, so 99 times out of 100 we fück it up. Still better sticking with that approach though.

As for the players?

Midfield was decent. I thought Polvara had his best game for us. Some really nice touches & turns & looked to be a bit more physical than usual.

Defence was functional. MacDonald is easily our strongest (by that I mean most physical) defender, but jaysus, the boy canna play fitba. Atrocious on the ball.

Hoilett is a class act. An actual footballer. Created tons, used the ball well, understands the game. One bad pass mind when he should have put it on a plate for Bojan, but still.

I think he’s worth another year. Impact sub last 30 or starting and giving you an hour, he’s got ability & something to offer nobody else can.

Our decision making, composure & execution in the final third is simply atrocious though. Honestly, some of the decisions our lot made up there were just embarrassing. We should have had another 2/3 goals if our players had a brain (yes Ester, I’m looking at you son).

You’re all professional footballers ffs, think about what you’re doing.

Real credit to Leven too. Inherited an absolute shïtshow and has steadied the ship, turned it around, & pretty much got us safe. Well
    done min. Really hope you stay on.

So onto the next hammerfest next week. Four games to go so not long now at least…
    Last edited by The_Moog; 28-04-2024 at 02:06 PM.

Shock horror, Motherwell have lost their red card appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Can we now refer to our left back and Young Player of the Year as ‘Knackerjack’?

Its Saturday, its 5 to 3, its time for…

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    And an extra game for frivolity I assume?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345