+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boredom Wood

MK Dons in 2022 then got relegated the season after.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Whilst Nolan was an issue, Hardy was the biggest issue. Nolan wanted to keep O'Connor and Collin. Collin wasn't the best keeper in the league but he was far better than Fitzsimons yet Hardy said both wanted too much so we were left with zero midfield of substance and a goalkeeper that ironically managed to get us back in the league whilst playing for another team
    Fitzsimons really did us proud at Wembley. Slocombe had the stand-out errors, but Fitzsimons really showed up (or rather, didn't) when it counted. I'd definitely buy him a pint if I saw him in town.

Feel sorry for Borehamwood though. Weirdly their performance against us made me really respect them. Good manager and decent, well-organised side. Not sure how it's all gone so wrong for them.
    Last edited by DomdomPie; 22-04-2024 at 03:18 PM.

Not Borehamwood Specific but National League related. Gateshead have been booted from the playoffs due the the EFL stating they are not allowed in. This is due to not securing at least a 10 yr lease at The Heed.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Fitzsimons really did us proud at Wembley. Slocombe had the stand-out errors, but Fitzsimons really showed up (or rather, didn't) when it counted. I'd definitely buy him a pint if I saw him in town.

Feel sorry for Borehamwood though. Weirdly their performance against us made me really respect them. Good manager and decent, well-organised side. Not sure how it's all gone so wrong for them.
    I'm so surprised they got relegated. They were consistently one of the most well-organised and defensively sound teams in the NL when we were down there, with a decent manager. No idea how it all went so wrong for them.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'm so surprised they got relegated. They were consistently one of the most well-organised and defensively sound teams in the NL when we were down there, with a decent manager. No idea how it all went so wrong for them.
    They didn't get enough points to stay up .

They went really downhill after the board announced that Garrard was leaving. It's as if the players gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    They didn't get enough points to stay up .

They went really downhill after the board announced that Garrard was leaving. It's as if the players gave up.
    Oh I had no idea he was leaving. He's been there forever and definitely hit the ceiling of what he could realistically achieve. Even if they'd gone up last season, they would have likely come straight down or been perennial relegation battlers.

I wonder where he's headed next. He's still very young despite being a manager for almost a decade. Almost 450 games managed at 38 years old! That's pretty much unprecedented.

I'm glad they have got relegated after receiving more money than all of the other clubs during lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I'm glad they have got relegated after receiving more money than all of the other clubs during lockdown.
    I'd forgotten about that fiasco!!

They were only in the NL due to the money they get from Arsenal for their ladies team playing there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12