+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boredom Wood

Boredom Wood

Just had a quick look at the final National league table and can not believe Boredom Wood have been relegated... they were 2 mins from the playoff final last year to winning just 12 games all this season...absolutely nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Just had a quick look at the final National league table and can not believe Boredom Wood have been relegated... they were 2 mins from the playoff final last year to winning just 12 games all this season...absolutely nuts...
    Kind of makes that game even more epic, us coming back from 2 down and equalising in the 96th min tore their heart out

Think it's more that their advantage from COVID ran out. I mean that with both financial and crowd levels. They were used to playing in front of no one and then they got a lot of money that they wouldn't have had if COVID never happened. Other teams caught up and their defensive boring style was never going to sustain them. Good riddance I say

Losing playoffs can be a big deal, look at us and Coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don't think we had playoff hangover, we had a disaster of a summer by having a keeper that is struggling in NLN and losing Michael O'Connor because Hardy wanted to penny pinch in order to sign the likes of Boldwijn, Dennis and Hemmings

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I don't think we had playoff hangover, we had a disaster of a summer by having a keeper that is struggling in NLN and losing Michael O'Connor because Hardy wanted to penny pinch in order to sign the likes of Boldwijn, Dennis and Hemmings
    I think Nolan had a playoff hangover, both literally and figuratively, which probably affected our preparation for the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    No stats to support but feel this is not uncommon. Wasn't Chesterfield the same before they went non league?

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    No stats to support but feel this is not uncommon. Wasn't Chesterfield the same before they went non league?
    Doesn't look like them now I check. Still feel it's happened a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think Nolan had a playoff hangover, both literally and figuratively, which probably affected our preparation for the following season.
    Whilst Nolan was an issue, Hardy was the biggest issue. Nolan wanted to keep O'Connor and Collin. Collin wasn't the best keeper in the league but he was far better than Fitzsimons yet Hardy said both wanted too much so we were left with zero midfield of substance and a goalkeeper that ironically managed to get us back in the league whilst playing for another team

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    Doesn't look like them now I check. Still feel it's happened a few times.
    Huddersfield fell off massively the season after they lost in the playoffs to Forest, although they didn't get relegated.

Of course we also got relegated the season after losing to Bradford in the mid-90s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast