+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Yep says me - only my opinion and not expecting anyone to have to agree / but he was bad at pressing and constantly giving the ball away..

I think Piroe is a better player and Joseph a much better player but hey ho.

We won which is all that really matters.
    I think Piroe is utterly awful. He is both slow and lazy which is a bad combination for a bus conductor, but considerably worse for a professional sportsman. Barndoor has a myriad of failings but I don't think you could ever say he was lazy. Even when things aren't going well for him (which currently is most of the time) he has a good work rate and at least tries to close down defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Says you. He scored, and one goal was all we have between us gaining automatic promotion and remaining in the playoff positions. Not saying it will, but it "might" be the difference between auto and those playoffs.
    To be fair, he also produced a good finish for the offside goal and forced a half decent save in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    I think Piroe is utterly awful. He is both slow and lazy which is a bad combination for a bus conductor, but considerably worse for a professional sportsman. Barndoor has a myriad of failings but I don't think you could ever say he was lazy. Even when things aren't going well for him (which currently is most of the time) he has a good work rate and at least tries to close down defenders.
    Post of the evening. True.

I hear ya - think Piroe is a good player (and some of his goals have been decent) - I don’t think he fits in that well with this team and Farke’s tactics.

Think his languid running style makes him look lazy at times but his stats seem okay.

He's a lazy bollox

Would start Joseph before either of them

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    This aged well. Still as knowledgeable as ever WTF 😂
    Ha, have not been a big supporter of Barndoor since the crowds came back... but that was one of his best games in a long while MOT

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    This aged well. Still as knowledgeable as ever WTF 😂
    Refer you to post #131, you sad f00k. Never brave enough to venture views on the game, always brave enough to try and criticise a Leeds supporter of over 40 years

To be fair, he also produced a good finish for the offside goal and forced a half decent save in the first half.
    And what did Piroe achieve? didn't have the chance to watch the game, so genuinely keen to know what he (Piroe) did?

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Ha, have not been a big supporter of Barndoor since the crowds came back... but that was one of his best games in a long while MOT
    You haven't been a Bamford "supporter, EVER.

I said he shouldn't start, and I stand by that. Had we had Joseph starting I think we may have scored more, BUT unlike those who seek to score points here, I don't and am very glad of the Bamford goal, and his play following, shows he deserves the credit I and a few others have always given him as a Leeds player through and through, unlike those who are seen as suitable replacements (post #118 refers), yet who fail consistently to match up to expectation.
    Last edited by WTF11; 22-04-2024 at 10:10 PM.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)