+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: The Big One, Derby v Carlisle

I'm a bit sore but cracked open a beer

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Don't type so loud, my brains hurting 🤕 and my innards seem keen to be outards🤮. Still it was worth it, time for the hair of the dog methinks🍻
    Here's to next season 🥂
    Absolutely, keep going, sod work tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    How was Rooney responsible for Collins? Hed left ages before he signed
    Wow…you are hungover! He wasn’t…Rosenior was.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wow…you are hungover! He wasn’t…Rosenior was.
    Ha yeah, I wondered, my eye's were just omitting certain words.

Definitely tired now ha

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    How was Rooney responsible for Collins? Hed left ages before he signed
    He didn't say that....

What he said was that... Rosenior had a great deal to do with Bird’s development as a youngster under both Cocu and Rooney

He then went on... and was responsible for bringing Collins to the club at a time of unprecedented difficulty.

Back home in NL after a massive weekend. First beer Saturday at 5 at Schiphol Airport. Got to Derby station at 0905. Dropped case off at the Aston Court and off the Neppy by 0930. By this time, I already knew with 100% certainty that we would be going up in the automatic place. How? The lift at Birmingham Airport to the monorail to get to the station told me so. A voice said "doors opening" and they opened. The voice then said "doors closing" and they closed. That same voice then said "going up". It was written in the stars with such a prophecy. The club would, absolutely guaranteed, be "in the lift"

True story that, By the way.

Loved the way the advertising boards facing the fans kept displaying the message "stay off the pitch" all game. A message reinforced by the stadium speaker every 10 minutes. Then fans got closer and closer and closer and 2 minutes from time came the words... "please wait for the final whistle before going on the pitch

Only possible issue might be that the fans didn't wait. The 4th official showed 4 minutes of extra time. The storming of the field happened on 92 minutes and 10 seconds. Nice touch was that many fans, me included, took the time to applaud the Carlisle fans who were vociferous to the end.

Pitch celebrations were brilliant. Nice few words from Bird. Matt McGibbon then wished him well for next season with the exception of 2 games, naturally. Back on the Neppy bus for more embibing. The Neppy was as bonecrushingly full as the Popside was on the day we beat Spurs 5-0. Left there about half 6 as I had to go back to check into the hotel as that wasn't possible when I first got there. From there, the Widows was as packed as the Neppy so I moved on to the Brunswick which was pretty empty. A few quiet ones in there, back to the hotel for a nightcap and then bed. Happy as a pig in ****.

10:00 Sunday mourning saw me back in the Neppy. Only half a dozen in there. Kim, behind the bar was glad it wasn't busy. She's done 9 till 9 the day before, had a couple herself before going home, couldn't sleep and only managed about 4 hours of sleep due to constantly waking up. Just after 12, back to the hotel to pick up my case, train to Brum airport, couple of beers and an all day brunch in 'Spoons there and back home.

Excellent weekend. Can't wait for next season... but, like everyone else, I'll have to.

I fully expect we'll know some time this week, which of the out of contract players will be offered a new one. I fully expect around 10 to be seeking a new employer. Whoever they are, wherever they go, they will be remembered for their part in this success.

With regard to B4, before dcfcfans existed he posted on the DT board till that went mammaries up and then on the COYR site where he first wrote of scavers and flanges. Scavers morphing into Scraves when he moved to dcfcfans. Grand lad, at one point he was having difficulty getting a job as he couldn't put a CV together. I was trying to help him, remotely, with that until Elaine Dean stepped in and, being closer to hand, could finish the job more efficiently. B4 took loyalty and enthusiasm to a whole new level. There'll never be another.

PS Max had the word "Dad" written on his hand. Touching, very.

also, I have to admit, in the final 30 minutes, every song/chant I joined in with, my voice was breaking up. Not through overuse but emotion. Daft old sod that I am.

EWE RAMS!!
    Last edited by MadAmster; 29-04-2024 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Back home in NL after a massive weekend. First beer Saturday at 5 at Schiphol Airport. Got to Derby station at 0905. Dropped case off at the Aston Court and off the Neppy by 0930. By this time, I already knew with 100% certainty that we would be going up in the automatic place. How? The lift at Birmingham Airport to the monorail to get to the station told me so. A voice said "doors opening" and they opened. The voice then said "doors closing" and they closed. That same voice then said "going up". It was written in the stars with such a prophecy. The club would, absolutely guaranteed, be "in the lift"

True story that, By the way.

Loved the way the advertising boards facing the fans kept displaying the message "stay off the pitch" all game. A message reinforced by the stadium speaker every 10 minutes. Then fans got closer and closer and closer and 2 minutes from time came the words... "please wait for the final whistle before going on the pitch

Only possible issue might be that the fans didn't wait. The 4th official showed 4 minutes of extra time. The storming of the field happened on 92 minutes and 10 seconds. Nice touch was that many fans, me included, took the time to applaud the Carlisle fans who were vociferous to the end.

Pitch celebrations were brilliant. Nice few words from Bird. Matt McGibbon then wished him well for next season with the exception of 2 games, naturally. Back on the Neppy bus for more embibing. The Neppy was as bonecrushingly full as the Popside was on the day we beat Spurs 5-0. Left there about half 6 as I had to go back to check into the hotel as that wasn't possible when I first got there. From there, the Widows was as packed as the Neppy so I moved on to the Brunswick which was pretty empty. A few quiet ones in there, back to the hotel for a nightcap and then bed. Happy as a pig in ****.

10:00 Sunday mourning saw me back in the Neppy. Only half a dozen in there. Kim, behind the bar was glad it wasn't busy. She's done 9 till 9 the day before, had a couple herself before going home, couldn't sleep and only managed about 4 hours of sleep due to constantly waking up. Just after 12, back to the hotel to pick up my case, train to Brum airport, couple of beers and an all day brunch in 'Spoons there and back home.

Excellent weekend. Can't wait for next season... but, like everyone else, I'll have to.

I fully expect we'll know some time this week, which of the out of contract players will be offered a new one. I fully expect around 10 to be seeking a new employer. Whoever they are, wherever they go, they will be remembered for their part in this success.

With regard to B4, before dcfcfans existed he posted on the DT board till that went mammaries up and then on the COYR site where he first wrote of scavers and flanges. Scavers morphing into Scraves when he moved to dcfcfans. Grand lad, at one point he was having difficulty getting a job as he couldn't put a CV together. I was trying to help him, remotely, with that until Elaine Dean stepped in and, being closer to hand, could finish the job more efficiently. B4 took loyalty and enthusiasm to a whole new level. There'll never be another.
    Glad you had a great day, you deserved it making the trip over. I was a tad worried the way Bolton started, but once Bird scored I relaxed, well to an extent. Rather glad my faith in Warne has been justified, oh and my respect for Derby's "rookie" owner has increased as well.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Glad you had a great day, you deserved it making the trip over. I was a tad worried the way Bolton started, but once Bird scored I relaxed, well to an extent. Rather glad my faith in Warne has been justified, oh and my respect for Derby's "rookie" owner has increased as well.
    Thanks Swale. It's at times when you can see the club becoming extinct and, conversely, at times like last Satdeh, that the raw emotion of supporting the club really hits home. I still can't fathom how we can get so attached to something as inanimate as a football club, unless it's the feeling of community, shared grief and elation when you hit the extremes of footballing life. Any road up, 8 games at pride Park this season delivering a total of 22 points. Some record. Aiming to do at least half a dozen next season, as per usual, and I won't complain if my points return is at the same level.

Still on cloud 9 and loving it.

4 East Midlands clubs promoted this season, so far. Still a fair chance that one will get relegated

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Thanks Swale. It's at times when you can see the club becoming extinct and, conversely, at times like last Satdeh, that the raw emotion of supporting the club really hits home. I still can't fathom how we can get so attached to something as inanimate as a football club, unless it's the feeling of community, shared grief and elation when you hit the extremes of footballing life. Any road up, 8 games at pride Park this season delivering a total of 22 points. Some record. Aiming to do at least half a dozen next season, as per usual, and I won't complain if my points return is at the same level.

Still on cloud 9 and loving it.

4 East Midlands clubs promoted this season, so far. Still a fair chance that one will get relegated
    The noises seem to be Forest will get 2 points back. If so makes a mockery of FFP but we will see. Burnley seem to be getting a few results, could be a huge game there last game of the season.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)