+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr Collins Sacked

Will the players who have not shown up and been a shambles in the last poor run of games now turn it on for Saturday?

Not sure how I feel about this. They appointed Collins and sold the two best centre backs in league one and replaced them with a player from Rotherham, French league and Pontefract Collieries and he’s got them to 5th spot.

It’s a roll of the dice to get a win and gets the fans on side.

Disco does not inspire me in the least.

I’ll be honest the fanbase at Oakwell is largely toxic these days they turn in players and managers in the blink of an eye.

Typical of these people in the boardroom. It's no surprise really considering their lack of football intelligence. They're the feckers that need to go. The sooner some of our fans see that and turn on them, the better the club will be in the long run.

Feel for Collins not my cup of tea but he moved back over here from USA and they’ve shafted him. Well and truly tied his hands behind his back.
    Not fit for purpose the lot of um .

Smacks of a last minute panic last roll of the dice by Parekh, JAQ and Cryne faced with the possibility of not making the Play Offs or not succeeding in them and with Season Ticket sales not going well.

It is the present owners who recruited Collins from the USA second tier and the present owners who recruited the players he has available.
    Collins has had Barnsley in the Play Off zone most of the season in a very poor Third Division but the football at Oakwell has been hard work to watch.

Parekh is hoping to generate positive emotion for the last game under Devaney and get fans buying early bird Season Tickets. He could well extend the deadline a week or two.

We shouldn't be surprised. One season is the normal tenure for a Barnsley manager nowadays.

The whole farcical situation is very Barnsley. We should know the EFL Investigation findings soon to add to the mix.

I forgot to add--

Summat's not reyt darn theear.

The only way this has any legs is that we qualify for the play offs on Saturday and then go on to be promoted at Wembley in the League One Play Off Final .

Anything falling short of that then makes this decision utterly stupid .

We lose 2-0 on Saturday and get pipped to the post then just exactly how does this decision make them look ? , it makes them look if possible more stupid than they already are which to be honest takes some doing .

Pull off a Play Off Final victory and they make themselves look as though they are competent and capable of getting the big decisions right and enough of our fan base will look at it from a 3 game season point of view whilst failing to acknowledge the shyte they dealt Collins in two transfer windows .

Is Neil Collins totally blameless ? , no he isn't , but he deserved to see the season out in my opinion given he's the one whose got us fifth and should have been given the opportunity to finish the season .

I've never wanted the team to lose one single game in my entire life but I hope we get beaten on Saturday and I hope even more we don't make the Play Offs .

The powers that be might think they are clever reducing the season to 3 games and forget about the previous 45 but some of us have been around the block enough times to see this for what it is .

I sincerely hope they've reduced it to a one game season , the atmosphere is toxic inside Oakwell on Saturday and ST sales are down by 50% next season .

They deserve it , the fans don't but they do .

Up The Cobblers .

Very cleverly reduced the blame coming towards them.
    Lose…..” well we sacked him, its what you wanted…he was to blame “.
    Win… “what a decision”.
    I think the potential toxicity on Saturday has been reduced somewhat.
    This should have happened after the Lincoln game, not now. The damage was apparent. I believed these players to be good enough to get second. It was thrown away.
    He was responsible

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The only way this has any legs is that we qualify for the play offs on Saturday and then go on to be promoted at Wembley in the League One Play Off Final .

Anything falling short of that then makes this decision utterly stupid .

We lose 2-0 on Saturday and get pipped to the post then just exactly how does this decision make them look ? , it makes them look if possible more stupid than they already are which to be honest takes some doing .

Pull off a Play Off Final victory and they make themselves look as though they are competent and capable of getting the big decisions right and enough of our fan base will look at it from a 3 game season point of view whilst failing to acknowledge the shyte they dealt Collins in two transfer windows .

Is Neil Collins totally blameless ? , no he isn't , but he deserved to see the season out in my opinion given he's the one whose got us fifth and should have been given the opportunity to finish the season .

I've never wanted the team to lose one single game in my entire life but I hope we get beaten on Saturday and I hope even more we don't make the Play Offs .

The powers that be might think they are clever reducing the season to 3 games and forget about the previous 45 but some of us have been around the block enough times to see this for what it is .

I sincerely hope they've reduced it to a one game season , the atmosphere is toxic inside Oakwell on Saturday and ST sales are down by 50% next season .

They deserve it , the fans don't but they do .

Up The Cobblers .

Win or looiz they'll still be here Animal. They (yhe board) will always know that the majority of our supporters will overlook them and their mistakes and pin them on the head coach instead.

As I said, unless the supporters who attach all the blame on the head coach start to see the bigger picture, then these owners will carry on signing non league replacements for established League 1/Championship departures and untried head coaches from anywhere they can find them.

On a personal note towards Collins, I feel for the blowk. Ok he's not got it right at times but as you say Animal, he at least deserves to see this season out. I think his style of play at Oakwell was aimed at improving our players as footballers with the emphasis on passing football. You could argue it was a naive way of thinking considering our recruitment last summer but he obviously believed that they were capable. With that in mind, I believe he had geared the club up to reaching the championship with at least the right mentality despite not having the ability. The ability part is down to the quality of our signings which the board must take responsibility for. Collins was never onto a winner unfortunately and neither will any other head coach be.

Now we've seen Duff and Val use other ways of utilising the squad that they've been given but I question the longevity of such styles of play. Improving players is surely about enhancing their ability to play football. However, this requires time and patience- two comforts that managers/head coaches just don't get in this day and age.

Technically we are a better side than last season in my opinion. Unfortunately we don't have a leader on the pitch, neither the necessary steel or fundamental defensive qualities to complement our good attacking play. This is again down to the board.

When tha gets a crack at a job then tha should do it thy way and stick to what tha believes will be successful. Collins has done that. For me he can justify himself and his efforts in his time at Oakwell. Good luck to the blowk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Very cleverly reduced the blame coming towards them.
    Lose…..” well we sacked him, its what you wanted…he was to blame “.
    Win… “what a decision”.
    I think the potential toxicity on Saturday has been reduced somewhat.
    This should have happened after the Lincoln game, not now. The damage was apparent. I believed these players to be good enough to get second. It was thrown away.
    He was responsible
    I'd say the lack of squad depth has cost us Jules. Classic examples were against Bolton at home and Pompey away. They had much stronger options off the bench and they brought them on and changed the game.

Collins in fairness hasn't had anything available on the bench all season that can make a big difference. Our strongest starting XI is good in this division but there's not a great deal to get excited about after those lads.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'd say the lack of squad depth has cost us Jules. Classic examples were against Bolton at home and Pompey away. They had much stronger options off the bench and they brought them on and changed the game.

Collins in fairness hasn't had anything available on the bench all season that can make a big difference. Our strongest starting XI is good in this division but there's not a great deal to get excited about after those lads.
    Pass… I am not in any way excusing the board from any blame. Far from it.
    The atmosphere in the ground is abysmal….the build up play was long and laborious. Not worth £400 quid a season….(x2 for us) this season
    Its not been entertaining. Its been horrible. All parties are to blame. We have renewed already, but cant explain why.
    I am a little bit more happy knowing he wont be here next season, because results at home have had me sitting down at 1455 with a feeling of resignation, before a ball was kicked.
    In my head, Im resigned to a turn over of 10 or 11 players a season All cheap. I’ve told myself its like planting bedding. Every year, we put new ones in……
    I just wish we could get a gardener who wants to create excitement.

As you say, the strength in depth is poor….. but even when we have had what we would call 90% of this strength available…..the performances at home have been woeful.
    And they cant blame the fans being on their backs…. (Until last 2 home games)…

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast