+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kelvin Phillips!

Kelvin Phillips!

The poster boy for the next generation of “I had it all” type headlines in daily rags in the years to come.

Certain players never understand how quickly your gift can desert you if you don’t knuckle down and do the hard yards each day.

I fear this is going to have a tragic end in the next decade.

https://apple.news/AocqeSSbmRzyo_OdNYeHBxg

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The poster boy for the next generation of “I had it all” type headlines in daily rags in the years to come.

Certain players never understand how quickly your gift can desert you if you don’t knuckle down and do the hard yards each day.

I fear this is going to have a tragic end in the next decade.

https://apple.news/AocqeSSbmRzyo_OdNYeHBxg
    Kalvin Phillips of course, autocorrect on here is a pain!

Kalvin Phillips of course, autocorrect on here is a pain!

Never rated him at Leeds! All take take take with so many of these pampered lazy t wats! What next - mental health issues or suicidal stories coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Never rated him at Leeds! All take take take with so many of these pampered lazy t wats! What next - mental health issues or suicidal stories coming up?
    His old man is seriously bad news and doing time again!

Quite liked him at Leeds as he fitted Bielsa ball perfectly. Added tackles to the mayhem and aided in transitions. Always thought it was an odd bit of recruitment by City though given their often controlled build up and need for technical ability in tight areas through midfield.

Ed:

Horses for courses etc.

His old man is seriously bad news and doing time again!
    It must be really nice to have a stable family background. I have no concept of what that’s like and I know how that has seriously impacted my whole life. Quite a few talented footballers have fallen foul of this too. It’s a self destruct button. It impacts your self belief, and even if you can excel in bursts it’s holding on to the damn thing that’s hard with no family support. Of course depending on your make up and Genetic make up you can deal with it from okay to not at all. Epigenetics is one of the main problems (How your DNA is altered due to adverse childhood experiences while your brain is still developing, you can end up being not enough or too much of something). Then there’s the generational passing on of negatively impacting qualities. Hurt people hurt people. Trying to explain this though can be like telling a joke where you “had to be there” to get it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)