+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Airdrie (A)

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Rewatched some of the game on Iplayer and at half time Billy Dodds observed the lack of press saying “United have decided to sit off” and Ross Docherty there as a summariser even said “we need to get closer and put more pressure on” If United needed to win that match to get promotion it would have been night and day what the players put in to the game.
    yes they changed to sitting off as it wasnt working. As i said the manager couldn't fix it so told them to sit off, Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    yes they changed to sitting off as it wasnt working. As i said the manager couldn't fix it so told them to sit off, Not good.

Do you believe the players put the same effort in to last night that they did the last 4? There was a huge drop in work rate.

Do you believe the players put the same effort in to last night that they did the last 4? There was a huge drop in work rate.
    i dont think Watt did but i dont think us getting dicked from Airdrie was due to lack off effort we were outplayed, They know what they were doing we didnt IMO

I wish he was our Manager tbh

They are one of the better footballing sides but we let them play. There was no pressing, closing down. Nothing to do with line ups, formations, tactics. The players just weren't particularly interested in rolling up their sleeves for this game. We treated it as an end of the season meaningless game.
    This is how it looked to me from the first couple of minutes where a number of our forward players seemed to be sitting back and letting the Airdrie defence have the ball. A good bonus though was Walton being tested quite well, something that i cannot remember happening all too often this season.

I dont know what people expected last night? Despite the miniscule chance that Raith might have overhauled us, i had us as Champions last weekend, and so did a number of supporters, and by the looks of it the players and management did as well. I accept i am one for having a moan about not being entertained, but ive been at this supporting lark for long enough to accept that game 35 of 36 will not be a spectacle if all was done at game 34!

Wonder what fare was served up at Morton and Partick today? Inverness appear to be in trouble though!

In the first half Stoney Watt was pretending to try and close down three players. Not fair on him, and he can't close down even one.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    thats not what happened, it was to do with formations and shape , the manager got it all wrong we tried to press high but they were just playing out thru us and he was unable to fix it.
    At no point in that first half did we press high,and only tried half heartedly in the second. We made Airdrie look like f*cking Barcelona because of a staggering lack of effort. JG should have been f*cking raging with that performance regardless of the endgame but he got the point they played for. Jim McLean would have given their wages to charity. They get a professional wage so let's have professional performances for the paying public,plenty of time to party after full time next Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Army View Post
    We won a poor championship. Last night's performance showed we are not really a good team if our performances drop.
    Goodwin might excuse that poor performance and not getting to celebrate, but his team selection and his players short-changed the large travelling support (not for the first time this season).

The cost of ticket, bus and other incidentals cost me about £50, so I dread to think how must have cost people who bevy and come from further afield.

Two of our bus left after 20 mins of that performance and sat in the pub. They had watched games like that before and new the players were not up for it.

As for those on the crossbar, no need for that. On the pitch can be tolerated as we officially won the league and we were celebrating. As for goading Airdrie fans, we should be bigger and better than that. Airdrie fans who came on the pitch were only there for one thing ...pavement dancing.
    Spot on! We slag the fun for such behaviour. The squad looked knackered and beleaguered, strange way to win a championship! Draw a line under the last few months and think about half a dozen new faces for the challenges ahead!

Just came across this on youtube. Birmingham based Nigerian vlogged at game and on the pitch at the end.

https://youtu.be/EVnIz9hJFlM

He enjoyed it so much he's making the effort to come up on Friday, despite Birmingham having a big game on the Sat

Just came across this on youtube. Birmingham based Nigerian vlogged at game and on the pitch at the end.

https://youtu.be/EVnIz9hJFlM
    Nigeria is Shed Mad 🧡

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)