+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Airdrie (A)

We won a poor championship. Last night's performance showed we are not really a good team if our performances drop.
    Goodwin might excuse that poor performance and not getting to celebrate, but his team selection and his players short-changed the large travelling support (not for the first time this season).

The cost of ticket, bus and other incidentals cost me about £50, so I dread to think how must have cost people who bevy and come from further afield.

Two of our bus left after 20 mins of that performance and sat in the pub. They had watched games like that before and new the players were not up for it.

As for those on the crossbar, no need for that. On the pitch can be tolerated as we officially won the league and we were celebrating. As for goading Airdrie fans, we should be bigger and better than that. Airdrie fans who came on the pitch were only there for one thing ...pavement dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Some of the guys that moaned most about potentially not getting up or during the lean third quarter are now moaning we got over the line with a poor performance but a cleansheet against the best side in the league on their day outwith ourselves

That game changes nothing regarding thoughts on players or what's required next season as that was already known
    Even when we had that wee wobble I never had any doubts we would win the league.
    I'm delighted we've won it but the number of poor performances don't lie. Going on the piss for 2 weeks because we won the Diddy league doesn't sit well with me.

But if I'm guilty of anything it's maybe worrying about next season too early because most of the current players are just not good enough to make the step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Army View Post
    We won a poor championship. Last night's performance showed we are not really a good team if our performances drop.
    Goodwin might excuse that poor performance and not getting to celebrate, but his team selection and his players short-changed the large travelling support (not for the first time this season).

The cost of ticket, bus and other incidentals cost me about £50, so I dread to think how must have cost people who bevy and come from further afield.

Two of our bus left after 20 mins of that performance and sat in the pub. They had watched games like that before and new the players were not up for it.

As for those on the crossbar, no need for that. On the pitch can be tolerated as we officially won the league and we were celebrating. As for goading Airdrie fans, we should be bigger and better than that. Airdrie fans who came on the pitch were only there for one thing ...pavement dancing.
    Good post SA

Some of the guys that moaned most about potentially not getting up or during the lean third quarter are now moaning we got over the line with a poor performance but a cleansheet against the best side in the league on their day outwith ourselves

That game changes nothing regarding thoughts on players or what's required next season as that was already known
    exactly.

I always find it incredible how recensie bias effect some supporters so badly. 1 bad game "get rid of him" 1 good game "sign him" same player.

Yeah recency bias always comes into people's assessments. I'm not buying the hungover party thing, they probably and rightly had Saturday and Sunday to celebrate, last night was a mental drop off, the normal docherty drop off, and a poor performance against a good championship team.

My concerns have always been about next season and the lack of Premier quality in this squad.

We need a massive change of squad for next season, that is a stone cold fact.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    exactly.

I always find it incredible how recensie bias effect some supporters so badly. 1 bad game "get rid of him" 1 good game "sign him" same player.

Yes indeed

Airdrie were excellent too apart from up front (thanks to Walton)

There isn't a team in the bottom few of the prem that could play us off the park in that manner even on last night's performance

They need to get by three teams though so unlikely they will get up but on their day very good

Yes indeed

Airdrie were excellent too apart from up front (thanks to Walton)

There isn't a team in the bottom few of the prem that could play us off the park in that manner even on last night's performance

They need to get by three teams though so unlikely they will get up but on their day very good
    They are one of the better footballing sides but we let them play. There was no pressing, closing down. Nothing to do with line ups, formations, tactics. The players just weren't particularly interested in rolling up their sleeves for this game. We treated it as an end of the season meaningless game.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    They are one of the better footballing sides but we let them play. There was no pressing, closing down. Nothing to do with line ups, formations, tactics. The players just weren't particularly interested in rolling up their sleeves for this game. We treated it as an end of the season meaningless game.
    thats not what happened, it was to do with formations and shape , the manager got it all wrong we tried to press high but they were just playing out thru us and he was unable to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    thats not what happened, it was to do with formations and shape , the manager got it all wrong we tried to press high but they were just playing out thru us and he was unable to fix it.
    Rewatched some of the game on Iplayer and at half time Billy Dodds observed the lack of press saying “United have decided to sit off” and Ross Docherty there as a summariser even said “we need to get closer and put more pressure on” If United needed to win that match to get promotion it would have been night and day what the players put in to the game.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)