+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Championship battle for promotion - how it's finally sorted.

Championship battle for promotion - how it's finally sorted.

Well I knew if all teams finished on the same points it then goes on goal difference but, it goes deeper than that.

Here's a final explanation just how far back they go to decide how it's won, some I didn't know of and suspect some on here didn't either.

Should there be a tie, the league is decided on goal difference, then goals scored, then most points in the head-to-head matches, then goal difference in head-to-head games, before goals scored in those games.

If all of that is level we go to number of wins, then goals scored in away games.

Baffling but that's the way they sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well I knew if all teams finished on the same points it then goes on goal difference but, it goes deeper than that.

Here's a final explanation just how far back they go to decide how it's won, some I didn't know of and suspect some on here didn't either.

Should there be a tie, the league is decided on goal difference, then goals scored, then most points in the head-to-head matches, then goal difference in head-to-head games, before goals scored in those games.

If all of that is level we go to number of wins, then goals scored in away games.

Baffling but that's the way they sort it.
    Yeah, but what if it's still level after all of those? Eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Yeah, but what if it's still level after all of those? Eh?!
    Wildest of wildest dreams, I suppose a quick penalty shoot out would sort it

We ought to get extra points for losing alot, & giving the promotion teams the points.

Won’t be a problem Leicester are hammering Southampton, I am happy with that loads of mates that are Leicester fans and my stepson is one as well, also love to see Russell Martin lose a very arrogant overrated manager.

A good performance from Leicester but the first goal was the same as Coventrys none winner in the Cup semi. One game had var, the other didn’t…..

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    A good performance from Leicester but the first goal was the same as Coventrys none winner in the Cup semi. One game had var, the other didn’t…..
    They should allow it if it was level and not worry about a toe being offside.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    They should allow it if it was level and not worry about a toe being offside.
    Ok, so we agree to let the toes (phalanges bones) go as onside. What happens if my Sesamoid is just offside?? Eh? Eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Ok, so we agree to let the toes (phalanges bones) go as onside. What happens if my Sesamoid is just offside?? Eh? Eh?!
    To be fair I’m not sure it is legal to allow your sesamoid to be sticking out in public anyway !