+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Last Game

2024 Last Game

Well my end of season crystal ball went astray, I had 77 points, with 3 this coming weekend. Maybe lucky with a single point. We know more this evening Tuesday, but possibly not in our hands and goal difference has evaporated, over the last 3 x weeks.
    I would of taken our potentisl end position at the start of the season, but disappointing if into playoffs and get thumped in both legs.
    Hopefully we get a great result Saturday regardless of other parties. Nobody likes to end on a defeat!

So, tonight's results have muddied the waters somewhat. I was hoping for Donny's run to end and Barrow to beat Bradford (ah well can't always be right ). My reasoning being that I wanted to avoid both Donny and MKDons. Now the primary requirement is that we get a result on Saturday and prolong the opportunity to regain some pride. I still prefer Barrow or Crawley but that would mean that we would have to win (!!!) and Donny lose while one or both of the others win. Well, Barrow at home to Mansfield, Crawley home to Grimsby and Donny away to Gillingham. The first of those is unpredictable as they've both wobbled. Crawley seem to have an easier game. As for Donny they're on such a run, who would bet against them? Yet, Gillingham are quite capable of beating them.
    As for Colchester, they were on top for the first part of the 2nd half but then started giving the ball away with sloppy passes until a series of mistakes, including the GK allowing the ball to squirm through the small gap between him and the post and then they just crumbled. They now have a 5 goal advantage over Sutton but an early goal and news of Sutton leading could lead to another meltdown. The Alex need to apply early pressure!
    Or we could lose again!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So, tonight's results have muddied the waters somewhat. I was hoping for Donny's run to end and Barrow to beat Bradford (ah well can't always be right ). My reasoning being that I wanted to avoid both Donny and MKDons. Now the primary requirement is that we get a result on Saturday and prolong the opportunity to regain some pride. I still prefer Barrow or Crawley but that would mean that we would have to win (!!!) and Donny lose while one or both of the others win. Well, Barrow at home to Mansfield, Crawley home to Grimsby and Donny away to Gillingham. The first of those is unpredictable as they've both wobbled. Crawley seem to have an easier game. As for Donny they're on such a run, who would bet against them? Yet, Gillingham are quite capable of beating them.
    As for Colchester, they were on top for the first part of the 2nd half but then started giving the ball away with sloppy passes until a series of mistakes, including the GK allowing the ball to squirm through the small gap between him and the post and then they just crumbled. They now have a 5 goal advantage over Sutton but an early goal and news of Sutton leading could lead to another meltdown. The Alex need to apply early pressure!
    Or we could lose again!
    On the other hand a goalless draw with no attacking risks by either side puts us in the playoffs and guarantees their survival.....

That would be nice!

And Sky would be furious ...

I presume that we are going to use this thread for predictions, so here goes. I will go for a 1-1 draw. I don't care who scores, what the line up is or what the crowd will be. Just a bit of gossip, you will see Cooney with a bandage or some kind of cast on his hand after fracturing it and a handyman was required for a dressing room repair. You can guess the rest. You can't fault his passion. Safe travels for everybody on the long trip south.

It's in our hands, just a win. Knowing our luck 0-0 with 12 mins extra time, would be squeaky bum time. I need to work the computations re-goal difference, but as outside UK, will be the last i-player transmission till Sky raise the fees (surely Wrexham, get a cut!) for playoffs and next season. It appears that with Sky, I can watch multiple games, not just Crewe next season. I will review the squad and post my thoughts on the retained list for next season in seperate thread.

I really can't call this. I know what they need to do. I know what I want them to do. I also know what I fear they might do.
    Do we play all out to win and leave ourselves vulnerable? Do we go steady but find it difficult to up things when we go a goal down? It's going to be totally nerve-wracking for us fans so what will it be like for the players?
    Surely Donny have to lose sometime! It would be nice if the Gills could prick the balloon tomorrow! I suspect Barrow are as anxious about the situation as we are. Crawley appear to have the easiest task but being 8th could make them recklessly gung-ho.
    However, I'm always urging people to make a prediction so I should commit....1-1.
    Or 0-1.
    Or 1-0. ....er?

Like most don't know how this will go,if we play for a draw it could go horribly wrong , but hopefully we'll get the right result go for 2-1 the mighty Alex . The guy on North West tonight sport seemed to think as both teams only need a draw that's how it will end !! Think Barrow have toughest game can't see them getting past Mansfield . And surely Artell will want to finish on a high !!

An attacking line-up. Last time we played with so many forwards on display was FGR a few weeks ago.😬

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast