+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arsenal v chelsea

Arsenal v chelsea

Arsenal were outstanding tonight, mind Chelsea are ****e, like we all know, we have a lonnngggg way to go to get near to Arsenal. Our full strength starting 11 could compete with the top 6 assuming no injuries, but their squad is streets ahead of ours and that’s what we have to sort out, and quickly imo. It’s no good saying it’s a long term project, Bruno,Isak,Botman, Gordon want to be winning things SOON, they won’t hang around if we aren’t competing. We’ve done fantastic this season considering everything, looking forward to the summer to see what we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Arsenal were outstanding tonight, mind Chelsea are ****e, like we all know, we have a lonnngggg way to go to get near to Arsenal. Our full strength starting 11 could compete with the top 6 assuming no injuries, but their squad is streets ahead of ours and that’s what we have to sort out, and quickly imo. It’s no good saying it’s a long term project, Bruno,Isak,Botman, Gordon want to be winning things SOON, they won’t hang around if we aren’t competing. We’ve done fantastic this season considering everything, looking forward to the summer to see what we can do.
    Indeed we're in a transitional phase still. Uprooting the rotten vegetables from the cabbage patch and planting a fresh crop of prize blooms is a challenging task indeed. The crop rotation is a seasonal endeavour.

This summer is pivotal. I've heard that we'll have around £150-200m to spend in the market. As I've covered in the ' Contracts ending in the summer' thread we will free up around £375m a week in salaries if we can move on Wilson, Miggy and the deadwood.

Our biggest issue with PSR/FFP was the wages so that will be a massive help.

We will have more solid players in the squad for next season to the drop off from first team to squad player won't be the massive cliff it is currently.

Next season we will have to be in the conversation for the UCL places or we will be vulnerable to seeing those core 'A' list players leave the club.

I have total confidence in the board and owners to get the job done in a manner that drives the club upwards and ensure the top players ambitions are being satisfied here on Tyneside.

Aye, Arsenal were, unfortunately, very good. Be gutted if that bunch of arrogant, moany pricks won the league.

Our squad is light years away from theirs currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, Arsenal were, unfortunately, very good. Be gutted if that bunch of arrogant, moany pricks won the league.

Aye, agreed, come on City! I like Pep, whereas can’t stand Arteta and Klopp, arrogant moaning bad losers. I hope to see some real intent in the summer signings and be in “ the race” for UCL spot next season. As already mentioned if we are to hold on to our top players that’s where we need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Light years is a long way.

Pope
    Botman Schar Tino Trips
    Bruno Joelinton Tonali
    Gordon Isak Barnes

We need more squad depth but it’s coming. Oh, and we have a better manager and owners than Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Light years is a long way.

Pope
    Botman Schar Tino Trips
    Bruno Joelinton Tonali
    Gordon Isak Barnes

We need more squad depth but it’s coming. Oh, and we have a better manager and owners than Arsenal.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I think our first team is extremely strong. But, when you think of the benches we've had this season and they can bring on Gorghino and the likes.... that's more what I was meaning.

True - a couple of injuries and our tactical options gall away rapidly. Adequate back up to that first eleven right now would be Wilson (when fit??), Willock, Anderson ….Longstaff…..er, Miley…possibly Minteh…….….help me…?

It was def good for us that Chelsea got battered, means same number of games as us now with a vastly poorer gd.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)