+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coventry v Hull…..

Quote Originally Posted by boinggazmic View Post
    Yes I have to agree. I said few days ago this happened to forest few seasons ago..lost out last day of season when they only needed 3 points with 3 games to go.if we cock this up it will be bitterly disappointing, let’s not sugar coat it. It’s been a good season but I will be gutted if we fail to get into the playoffs..

Totally agree! It won’t have anything to do with Lai or the problems of the club if we don’t reach the play offs. If the players and Carlos can’t get three points from two very average teams at best they all need to look into the mirror.

Personally - I would really go for it at Sheffield as yes they are fighting relegation but they are a poor side!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Totally agree! It won’t have anything to do with Lai or the problems of the club if we don’t reach the play offs. If the players and Carlos can’t get three points from two very average teams at best they all need to look into the mirror.

Personally - I would really go for it at Sheffield as yes they are fighting relegation but they are a poor side!
    I expect to lose at Wednesday and beat Preston.

Hull are real dark horses if they get in the play offs.

We really ought to beat the Owls, two of their goals in their last match against Blackburn were absolute gifts; we need to play as we did at Leicester but with better finishing!

The Ipswich Hull game is another blinder. (Great league) Ipswich won’t want to have come this far for nothing and Hull have it all to play for. I expect an Ipswich win. Hull are very hit and miss. Would be good to to beat Wednesday on Saturday but Wednesday have to win as well. Great season whatever happens. We are a long term project whether we get in the play offs, get into the Premier league or not. Thankfully we have a great manager and an owner with a some patience.

I expect Ipswich to beat Hull. Come too far to lose out now. We are also playing a team that has to win. What a great league this is. Whatever happens we need to remember that we are a long term project in safe hands both from the manager and owner.

I expect Ipswich to beat Hull. Come too far to lose out now. We are also playing a team that has to win. What a great league this is. Whatever happens we need to remember that we are a long term project in safe hands both from the manager and owner.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    That’s not the case 123, both Cov and Hull can get to 75 points at this time if either win all of their matches, we only have 72 points at the moment.
    What I meant to say was if we were to finish level on points with either, it would be better for us if it was Hull because they're never catching our GD.

However as many have already said, if we can't get 3 points from 2 games versus Sheff Wed and Preston then we don't deserve to go up.

Let’s face it, we are in the driving seat to get into the play offs and if we don’t, we’ve only ourselves to blame. Yes, Sheffield Wed. will be fighting for their lives and what worries me a little is it’s the type of away game that we often struggle with. We do have the added bonus that Hull have to play Ipswich but if we can’t get three points from our last two games we don’t deserve to qualify. Mind you, if we do succeed, I can see us going all the way. That would be typical of Albion.

I wonder how twitchy Norwich are feeling now. If they don't beat Swansea at home on Saturday they might need to win at Birmingham away last game of the season who will be fighting for their lives. Big game for them this weekend.

The way I look at it is this. Would Hull swap places with us? Too right. Why? Because we have more points on the board and a better goal difference than them with two games to go.

What does that mean for us? We're in the driving seat. What are the potential hazards on the road ahead? The opposition, w@nk officiating, potential profligacy on our part in front of goal and switching off at the back.

We've been playing other teams all season and we've had a number of decisions go our way as well as against us. We've been wasteful in front of goal on a number of occasions and scored when we wouldn't have expected.

Although our defence has played some blinders they've also had some howlers. Despite low goals against we all know we have a rick in us and we all know the opposition has missed some real sitters.

And yet here we are still sat in fifth despite the opposition, w@nk officiating and ourselves as we have been since November with two games to go. Barring a collapse of Devon Loch like proportions we'll be fine for the play-offs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)