+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Off season transfer rumours/potential signings

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    He's off to Chesterfield apparently. They'll almost certainly finish above us next season.
    They won't. I suspect you're basing that on them smashing the weakest National League in years with zero competition worth talking about. They have Grigg up front who's scoring record in the League (before joining them) for four seasons was abysmal and he's getting on now.

Their defence isn't up to the job of League two nor is their forward line.

Unless they make some significant signings I'd be surprised if they made the play-offs.

League two is a bigger step up than many expect and they truly believe they have the best manager outside the championship when clearly they don't. They also finished way behind us both when we battled it out in the NL.

I expect your defensive issues to be resolved for next season and if you keep Jones and Langstaff with your midfield you'll easily make the play-offs minimum, assuming your manager is up to the job, has learnt some lessons (how can he not of) and recruits well.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    They won't. I suspect you're basing that on them smashing the weakest National League in years with zero competition worth talking about. They have Grigg up front who's scoring record in the League (before joining them) for four seasons was abysmal and he's getting on now.

Their defence isn't up to the job of League two nor is their forward line.

Unless they make some significant signings I'd be surprised if they made the play-offs.

League two is a bigger step up than many expect and they truly believe they have the best manager outside the championship when clearly they don't. They also finished way behind us both when we battled it out in the NL.

I expect your defensive issues to be resolved for next season and if you keep Jones and Langstaff with your midfield you'll easily make the play-offs minimum, assuming your manager is up to the job, has learnt some lessons (how can he not of) and recruits well.
    I think Luke Williams was a big reason that that NL season was a two-horse race between us and you, with Chesterfield a distant third. I expect under a previous coach (Birchnall or Maynard), we'd have been similar to Chesterfield, or even doing what we used to and finishing fifth and losing in the playoff semis.

I wish I shared your optimism about next season. I'm not pessimistic either - I just have no idea after this season what we'll be like. I could see us making the playoffs, but I could also see us struggling against relegation. It's very hard to predict at this point, but as you said, it all depends on what lessons have been learned and how we recruit in key positions. Oh and how fit Matty Palmer stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They need a keeper and defenders before they get another expensive old forward. Where exactly are they getting their money from also, pretty sure they were bought by a community trust using loans from two local councils...
    2 locas bought a majority shareholding, they splash the cash

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think Luke Williams was a big reason that that NL season was a two-horse race between us and you, with Chesterfield a distant third. I expect under a previous coach (Birchnall or Maynard), we'd have been similar to Chesterfield, or even doing what we used to and finishing fifth and losing in the playoff semis.

I wish I shared your optimism about next season. I'm not pessimistic either - I just have no idea after this season what we'll be like. I could see us making the playoffs, but I could also see us struggling against relegation. It's very hard to predict at this point, but as you said, it all depends on what lessons have been learned and how we recruit in key positions. Oh and how fit Matty Palmer stays.
    Luke Williams was a major factor but he showed the levels that your players can reach. Losing a manager like that was always going be tough for his replacement.
    Would you swap any players for any of Chesterfields players? I really don't rate them much. And a lot of their fans are deluded clowns with the intelligence of mince.

I think losing Palmer was a key factor too.
    A lot of Wrexham fans I know have always said we'd like him to sign for us as he always impressed. I wouldn't mind us getting him for next season tbh as he'd be an upgrade on Young who's been released.

I can’t wait until we start announcing players signed and the usual ‘underwhelmed’ brigade come out. What I have learned since the bros have come in is that we don’t often sign what would be classed as a marquee signing. Didzy was out of character.
    I fully expect a number of players to sign that most won’t have heard of, like Jatta. I wouldn’t at all be surprised with a couple more big Vikings making there way across the North Sea.
    Talk of players like Madden are a million miles from the model and the style we want to play. Let Chesterfield plug there side with expensive, last pay day types. It may work, it may not. It’s a huge risk and a model that can’t be sustained with out deep pockets.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415