+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season transfer rumours/potential signings

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I just don’t see that many clubs with the dosh to buy Macca, given that we’d only sell him for the right price. Ideally you’d have a couple of clubs bidding for him, but I’m not sure any Championship club will take a gamble on him. Same issue with JJ.
    Trouble is, we probably won't sell him for the right price. How many times has that happened before in our past?

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Trouble is, we probably won't sell him for the right price. How many times has that happened before in our past?
    I think under the bros we would sell him for the right price. That's their whole strategy really - squeeze the most value out of every decision. So the question is, what is the right price for a striker who scores as many as Macca? I'd say we'd start listening at £750k and start accepting at £1 million.

Wherever Macca ends up, he needs to be in a side that creates plenty of chances, otherwise he could look quite ordinary. His all-round game isn't really good enough to justify a position in a side higher up the pyramid if he isn't scoring regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I think under the bros we would sell him for the right price. That's their whole strategy really - squeeze the most value out of every decision. So the question is, what is the right price for a striker who scores as many as Macca? I'd say we'd start listening at £750k and start accepting at £1 million.

Wherever Macca ends up, he needs to be in a side that creates plenty of chances, otherwise he could look quite ordinary. His all-round game isn't really good enough to justify a position in a side higher up the pyramid if he isn't scoring regularly.
    I’m not sure I agree with your last sentence. Most strikers higher up have limitations - most strikers higher up aren’t natural scorers like Macca.
    It wasn’t that long ago that Haaland was described as a League 2 striker - the same striker who does very little in games but score. Macca is not as natural as him scoring wise, but does more (when allowed) in games. Does Macca score any of those chances that Wood had against City last week?
    Clubs higher up IMO would be mad not to take what would be a calculated risk on a guy that has scored at the rate Macca has.

Macca is an unfinished article with his outfield play but is getting better and better the more he is forced to try and create his own chances, he certainly has a lot more potential in that area. Can he scores goals higher? Of course he can. In a team that isn't as predictable as we are (and we must rate up in the top 5 of "Most predictable team in the EFL" he will get the space he needs to do his business. As for transfer fee? 1.5 mill (unless the Bros go all gooey and let him go for a lesser fee to further his career as a thank you).

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Macca is an unfinished article with his outfield play but is getting better and better the more he is forced to try and create his own chances, he certainly has a lot more potential in that area. Can he scores goals higher? Of course he can. In a team that isn't as predictable as we are (and we must rate up in the top 5 of "Most predictable team in the EFL" he will get the space he needs to do his business. As for transfer fee? 1.5 mill (unless the Bros go all gooey and let him go for a lesser fee to further his career as a thank you).
    Minimum 1.5m. Been consistent for the last 3yrs & top scorer in each league & has gone up a league every year. You pay for strikers that score like that. Unfinished or the finished article, it's a gamble for the buying club. Stuart Rimmer, remember him? In todays market, he is worth at least that. Crewe years ago were selling players for 1m in this league. What will it cost us to go out & sign a player like that? Personally I think & I said last year, Barry Fry is probably keeping a very close eye on him for Posh. McAnthony will invest in the right player.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’m not sure I agree with your last sentence. Most strikers higher up have limitations - most strikers higher up aren’t natural scorers like Macca.
    It wasn’t that long ago that Haaland was described as a League 2 striker - the same striker who does very little in games but score. Macca is not as natural as him scoring wise, but does more (when allowed) in games. Does Macca score any of those chances that Wood had against City last week?
    Clubs higher up IMO would be mad not to take what would be a calculated risk on a guy that has scored at the rate Macca has.
    My point is, Macca is an out-and-out goal scorer. Stick him in a side one or two divisions higher that's relatively conservative and creates fewer chances than Notts, and I'm not sure how effective he'd be compared to a striker that has a stronger all-round game.

Whenever we play the best teams in L2 and the games are tight, opposition fans bang on about how he goes missing. It's not his fault necessarily, it's just that those games are naturally tighter, and we create fewer openings. Some strikers can be highly effective while not scoring many - Shola was a bit like that during his time at Notts - but Macca is all about the goals.

In many ways, Notts is the perfect club for him.

Our retained list is out. We've released:
    Aaron HAYDEN
    Rob LAINTON
    Callum McFADZEAN
    Ben TOZER
    Jordan TUNNICLIFFE
    Luke YOUNG
    Owen CUSHION
    Dan DAVIES

Lainton is a top GK if you can keep him fit. He's had terrible luck with breaking bones in his had/wrist. Pretty sure he's all recovered now.

If i was Maynard I'd be on the phone to Tunnicliffe now as he is a top defender and is something that you are in desperate need of. He isn't Beckenbauer, but he's a great defender and an absolute warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    Our retained list is out. We've released:
    Aaron HAYDEN
    Rob LAINTON
    Callum McFADZEAN
    Ben TOZER
    Jordan TUNNICLIFFE
    Luke YOUNG
    Owen CUSHION
    Dan DAVIES

Lainton is a top GK if you can keep him fit. He's had terrible luck with breaking bones in his had/wrist. Pretty sure he's all recovered now.

If i was Maynard I'd be on the phone to Tunnicliffe now as he is a top defender and is something that you are in desperate need of. He isn't Beckenbauer, but he's a great defender and an absolute warrior.
    I like the sound of Cushion. I think he'd be comfortable in our set-up, but he might need to settle for a place on the bench, assuming he isn't too plump.

I like the sound of Cushion. I think he'd be comfortable in our set-up, but he might need to settle for a place on the bench, assuming he isn't too plump.
    Owen Cushion we may have to sleep on this one a while, but sofa so good.

Maybe good with our 'Scatter' defence, maybe a 'Whoppee' moment if he comes good!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast