+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a squad for the Premiership

I was talking to a couple of fans of other Premiership teams last night and I asked them how many new players we need to be minimum 10th next season. My Jambo mole said 8, a Hibbee said 8, I said at least 7.
    Personally I don't think we'll see that because I worry JG is going to put too much faith in the existing squad.
    How many new players do you think we need?

Regardless of Birighitti Levitt was a failure last season. 90% of Hibs fans would be delighted to see him away from Easter Road after his limp performances this season. Lack of desire, lack of dig, lack of impact, and Birighitti isn't playing for Hibs 😎
    He wanted out the door as quick as possible when we went down, wanting him back at Tannadice is sheer romanticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Regardless of Birighitti Levitt was a failure last season. 90% of Hibs fans would be delighted to see him away from Easter Road after his limp performances this season. Lack of desire, lack of dig, lack of impact, and Birighitti isn't playing for Hibs 😎
    He wanted out the door as quick as possible when we went down, wanting him back at Tannadice is sheer romanticism.
    Agreed

I think we might sign a couple of proven premiership players but we also need to find some rough diamonds from the Championship or below. We have just finished a season in the Championship therefore the manager will know who the best player are or at least the ones that impressed him. Another like Ross Doherty, or Holt. Also, remember Kevin Nesbitt and Jon McGinn were signed from the lower division. Someone with an eye for a player should be able to pick off the cream.

For me I thought Liam McStravick at Airdrie looked good and only 19.. I think he is injured so we wont see him tonight. Also Morrison from Falkirk, he is rapid and bags a few goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Agreed
    Seconded

Listening to, and reading what JG has said recently. "The two year contracts were there for a reason" speaks for itself. On getting back loan players , he seemed to underplay Walton's contract still having a year to go, I think he is confident a deal can be done.
    I'm gonna guess at...
    Walton (if possible) - defo
    McMann - probably, on this seasons form
    Holt & Graham - defo
    Gallacher - not heard too much, but top level experience - yes
    Docherty - defo (he mentioned it)
    Sibbald - of course
    Kai - defo (unless a crazy offer comes in)
    Spoony - defo, for experience and leadership alone
    Moult - probably, he seems affy grumpy, body language not good, not sure he likes it here
    Mochrie - not sure, but deserves it for that goal alone ( kiddin')

These are just the players I think he will keep on what I have heard him say, or be quoted on. As for the rest, I have no idea.

In saying that, we really need to upgrade (obvious I know) coz this team won't last upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Listening to, and reading what JG has said recently. "The two year contracts were there for a reason" speaks for itself. On getting back loan players , he seemed to underplay Walton's contract still having a year to go, I think he is confident a deal can be done.
    I'm gonna guess at...
    Holt & Graham - defo
    Sibbald - of course
    Moult - probably, he seems affy grumpy, body language not good, not sure he likes it here

These are just the players I think he will keep on what I have heard him say, or be quoted on. As for the rest, I have no idea.

In saying that, we really need to upgrade (obvious I know) coz this team won't last upstairs.

Had to read that bit twice to make sure I was reading it right. Moult has spoken often about how he has fallen in love with football again here and United are the right club for him. Just 2 weeks ago JG stated “I know Louis is really happy here, his family are settled”

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Had to read that bit twice to make sure I was reading it right. Moult has spoken often about how he has fallen in love with football again here and United are the right club for him. Just 2 weeks ago JG stated “I know Louis is really happy here, his family are settled”
    You can read it as many times as you like mate. Words in the media are only media words. No one is going to say anything other than the party line when being interviewed on TV or in the papers.

My opinion is based on body language, on and off the park. And this soor pus and strutting about in a huff when things aint going well for him makes me think he is not as happy as he is told to say he is. Only an opinion I know, but I've defo saw a lot more happier looking players than LM at Tannadice.

I also remember Mo Johnstone speaking about his luv for the Celic' not too long before signing for ..... ach, yi ken the rest.
    Last edited by Yeats 62; 26-04-2024 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Grammirrr

You can read it as many times as you like mate. Words in the media are only media words. No one is going to say anything other than the party line when being interviewed on TV or in the papers.

My opinion is based on body language, on and off the park. And this soor pus and strutting about in a huff when things aint going well for him makes me think he is not as happy as he is told to say he is. Only an opinion I know, but I've defo saw a lot more happier looking players than LM at Tannadice.

I also remember Mo Johnstone speaking about his luv for the Celic' not too before signing for ..... ach, yi ken the rest.
    He's definitely one player that shows his disappointment with negativity from the stands.

I'm gonna guess at...
    Holt & Graham - defo
    Sibbald - of course

5 players there who are injury prone. Plus if we started those 10 in the Premiership I'm thinking we're in a relegation battle straight away. Just an opinion 😎

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)