+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a squad for the Premiership

JG said players giving 2 year deals were done so with the proviso that they were capable of playing in prem. I sure docherty was one of them. I hope I’m wrong but I think Grimshaw was another??

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    JG said players giving 2 year deals were done so with the proviso that they were capable of playing in prem. I sure docherty was one of them. I hope I’m wrong but I think Grimshaw was another??
    Walton said on STV news he wants to stay

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Graham the whippet he's a slow as ****
    Compared to the other two….

No wonder we went down…

Quote Originally Posted by dontjump View Post
    will only need to be for one season
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhzpxjuwZy0

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Simon Murray is a no brainer for me

Try and bring Levitt home too, injury hampered but we are the club for him, will get the best out of him, especially with a stable goalie and defence
    A no to Simon Murray for me, can take a goal when he has nothing to think about but his general play isn't good enough and he's always getting caught offside - because let's face it he's no the brightest.

Levitt I think would jump at the chance and I hope his mum and dad (who still came on our away bus a few times last season) are having a word in his ear but I fear he's on a really good wage and decent length of contract to go so that's a non starter imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    A no to Simon Murray for me, can take a goal when he has nothing to think about but his general play isn't good enough and he's always getting caught offside - because let's face it he's no the brightest.

Levitt I think would jump at the chance and I hope his mum and dad (who still came on our away bus a few times last season) are having a word in his ear but I fear he's on a really good wage and decent length of contract to go so that's a non starter imo.
    It's a no to Levitt for me. Like most of last season's squad he didn't have the bottle to battle when needed.

I would offer Walton a contract though. Along with A.N.Other incoming goalkeeper and let them battle it out for the #1 jersey.

The attributes we need in the side IMO are:

- Pace
    - Leadership
    - Creativity
    - Ambition

A new coach for the strikers...thats the first piece to the rebuild that I want. We aren't going to create as many chances in the premier...so were are gonna have to be more clinical in the final third.I also want a proper leader on the park, similiar to Webster when he was here. Width and pace is a must also!
    Decent keeper. Strong spine to the team. Width & pace and a clinical striker...not too much to ask for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    It's a no to Levitt for me. Like most of last season's squad he didn't have the bottle to battle when needed.

I would offer Walton a contract though. Along with A.N.Other incoming goalkeeper and let them battle it out for the #1 jersey.

The attributes we need in the side IMO are:

- Pace
    - Leadership
    - Creativity
    - Ambition
    Agree 100%

Levitt was a part of the Charlatan 11 bottle crashers that took us down. Watching him hide from tackles and fail to turn up was horrific and he's done exactly the same at Hibs.
    People wanting him back need to give their heads a wobble.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

Agree with your thoughts on Murray, but as mentioned above it's surely a no for Levitt. I think folk just remember when he stepped in with the occasional great goal but forget his lack of impact in most games.

That are just options but disagree with both and no head wobbling needed trust me

Murray is better than anything we have right now and doing it in the prem, more than good enough for us next season, and had we got him in Jan then probably would have been over the line weeks ago, just look how him leaving Queens last season, arguably cost them the title

Levitt would be a fantastic signing, he instantly be out best player, he was injury hampered, the team were not bottlers, they were unable to play with any confidence and freedom due to the diddy in goal throwing them in throughout the season, look at St Johnstone at home just before Goodwin got the job, Levitt scored a fantastic goal to equalise, momentum all went is, Releghitti then let's may slide tackle the ball into the net, our outfield team were flawed but the goalie situation is why we ended up down

Anyways that's the last now but both would be very shrewd signings and improve us but unlikely to happen

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)