+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: His Best Man

His Best Man

So TS has declared Evans to have been his best manager, in a Tiser interview. What do we think about that?
    Especially with consideration to Robins, Warney and Ronnie?
    This should prove interesting!!!

Yes

And Warne can be the chief bridesmaid

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes

And Warne can be the chief bridesmaid
    What a surprise, a dig at Warne ,your obsession with him is a bit weird

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    What a surprise, a dig at Warne ,your obsession with him is a bit weird
    Consistency is my middle name

Purely in terms of winning he probably is.
    Two promotions and keeping us in the cship even with a points deduction.
    All accomplished back to back too.

In Tony,s words he never lost anything
    Here’s to a rollercoaster , successful few seasons ahead of us and back in the cship for the centenary in 2025

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Purely in terms of winning he probably is.
    Two promotions and keeping us in the cship even with a points deduction.
    All accomplished back to back too.

In Tony,s words he never lost anything
    Here’s to a rollercoaster , successful few seasons ahead of us and back in the cship for the centenary in 2025
    Hope so, there’s always a buzz with Evans

I think looking back Evans is TS finest manager.Remember it was Ronnie Moore MK2 with a League 2 play off loss to Dagenham & Redbridge and a TV interview where he wanted to shoot most of the squad! Mark Robins was the great manager that got away.We were still at Millmoor and had the timing being different he would have built his own legacy along with being one of the greatest goal scorers this club has ever had.I hope we sign someone like him next season! Warne was Warne.His record speaks for itself.Dilligent,hard working,intelligent,but never kept us in the Championship.Matt Taylor did.Neil Warnock did.Steve Evans did.So,yes I would agree that Evans is Tony Stewarts best manager over the course of his tenure but that means Jack S**t on the 10th of August 2024 when the League 1 season kicks off again!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I think looking back Evans is TS finest manager.Remember it was Ronnie Moore MK2 with a League 2 play off loss to Dagenham & Redbridge and a TV interview where he wanted to shoot most of the squad! Mark Robins was the great manager that got away.We were still at Millmoor and had the timing being different he would have built his own legacy along with being one of the greatest goal scorers this club has ever had.I hope we sign someone like him next season! Warne was Warne.His record speaks for itself.Dilligent,hard working,intelligent,but never kept us in the Championship.Matt Taylor did.Neil Warnock did.Steve Evans did.So,yes I would agree that Evans is Tony Stewarts best manager over the course of his tenure but that means Jack S**t on the 10th of August 2024 when the League 1 season kicks off again!
    Great post; totally concur. I have loathed Evans/Radnor with a vengeance but am changing my thoughts a bit - there seems to be a bit more maturity and less bullying this time. Hope I'm not wrong.. I might become a fan!