+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarets v Red Devils match preview.

Clarets v Red Devils match preview.

Clarets Mad - Clarets v Manchester United, English Premier League Match Preview.
    Venue: Old Trafford Stadium, Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 0RA.
    Kick-off – 15.00 – 27th April 2024.

The latest batch of EPL match results means that Burnley, Nottingham Forest, and Luton Town are the final two out of three clubs trying their best not to join Sheffield United in being relegated into next season’s EFL’s Championship.

After Everton’s Wednesday night 2-0 demolition of Liverpool’s title ambitions Sean Dyche’s team appear safe and despite the Clarets’ Saturday opponents twice falling behind to Sheffield United, they showed the kind of spirit Erik ten Hag has been trying to install in his expensively assembled squad.

All of this means Burnley really do need to better Coventry City’s astonishing display against the Red Devils in an absorbing FA Cup semi-final last weekend. United emerged from the week with two much-needed wins from their last two games, but it is eminently possible the physical and mental toll taken out of the United team may play into Vincent Kompany’s hands.

Burnley have lost only one game in their last seven and relegation could yet be avoided but they must leave Old Trafford unbeaten if they are to do so. Ten Hag’s Reds still hold aspirations of acquiring serious European football for next season, so it’s all to play for when the whistle blows at three o’clock at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.

One’s to watch: United with their litany of attacking talent and Burnley with Wilson Odobert, Lyle Foster, and David Fofana all in good form this game could well produce a goal glut on Saturday afternoon.

Verdict: Burnley need to produce, United need to win, so I’m going for a highly entertaining 3-3 draw.

Footnote: It has been revealed that A furious Vincent Kompany was shown a red card after describing referee Darren England as a “f*****g cheat” during Burnley’s controversial draw with Chelsea. Refereeing and VAR also had a crucial role in United’s FA Cup victory when a decisive decision to rule out Coventry’s last gasp winning “goal” was ruled out by the width of a toenail to force the game into a penalty shoot-out.

Let’s hope this motley crew are not the subject of even more media scrutiny than usual at five o’clock on Saturday afternoon. With Brooks in charge anything can happen.

Referee: John Brooks. Assistants: Lee Betts, Akil Howson. Fourth official: Simon Hooper. VAR: Peter Bankes. Assistant VAR: Mat Wilkes.

Whatever the outcome of Saturday’s match, if you are attending - enjoy the game. (TEC).

Name:  bladesblunted3.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  26.5 KB

The very last time I'm posting a pre-match review on here.

If you lot can't be arsed then neither can I.

I'd be more than OK if someone said I post $hit and it's not worth reading or commenting on.

Anyway that's me done until the 15th May because I'm off to Fuerteventura tomorrow for the best part of three weeks.

Adios amigos!

I'd be more than OK if someone said I post $hit and it's not worth reading or commenting on.

Anyway that's me done until the 15th May because I'm off to Fuerteventura tomorrow for the best part of three weeks.

Adios amigos!

Always read and appreciate your match preview BT. Buen viaje amigo..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Adios amigos!
    It's OK BT, we heard you the first time. I enjoy reading them but don't always comment, now I know you want a pat on the back I'll do my best to respond

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    It's OK BT, we heard you the first time. I enjoy reading them but don't always comment, now I know you want a pat on the back I'll do my best to respond
    It would be great if someone, anyone would post a fu**ing comment.

I'll now confine the pre-match posts to the 7 other BFC social media forums I have a narrative with who can at least be arsed to engage.

Bollox, I pointed out earlier this season that some player you said might be turning out against us actually couldn't, because he was on loan in Germany, and you got a right strop on. Stop being so fecking mard.

It would be great if someone, anyone would post a fu**ing comment.

I'll now confine the pre-match posts to the 7 other BFC social media forums I have a narrative with who can at least be arsed to engage.
    You mean there's 7 other BFC supporters'forums to choose from, what are they like and does that include CT's effort? BTW you got the draw forecast right, just a bit enthusiastic on the scoring like me.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Bollox, I pointed out earlier this season that some player you said might be turning out against us actually couldn't, because he was on loan in Germany, and you got a right strop on. Stop being so fecking mard.
    You are right sinkov, they are occasionally factually incorrect and often unread. Not worth the bother is it?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You are right sinkov, they are occasionally factually incorrect and often unread. Not worth the bother is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)