+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T...You`re 15 Minutes(seconds) Of Fame

O/T...You`re 15 Minutes(seconds) Of Fame

What`s your claim to fame,I`m not talking about social media rubbish,proper old fashioned TV or print exposure,strictly legal of course.
    Mine are a bit sad,but all the same it`s still a bit weird to see yourself where you wouldn`t normally.
    Remember when Millers 05 took over,they had a fans forum at Magna,and I liked attending these things,so my brother and I were sat waiting for it to start and we noticed a bloke with a camera wandering around,didn`t think much about it,thought he was from the club,the next day I got a phonecall saying I was on Look North !
    Wasn`t sure what I`d done to deserve that honour,but the camera man was from the BBC filming the meeting,and he lingered on my mush for about 10 seconds,which seemed like a week !
    A few years later I had an old BMW 328i Coupe for sale,a guy came up from Lincolnshire to have a look,anyway he bought it,and during the transfer of ownership he happened to mention he did work for Practical Classics magazine,so I said I bought this often,great mag for lovers of old cars,he asked me for picture of us in front of the car shaking hands,he said he`d try and get it the magazine,fair enough I said,but not thinking anyone would ever see this.
    A month or 2 later I was flicking through the magazine,when I came accross the section where the contributors do repairs and talk about their cars,and there was Nigel`s page with a piece about the new BMW he`d just bought,with a picture of me and him grinning like Muppets !
    Not only that, a few months later he did a piece about swopping the shocks on his lovely Beemer,and there was my old car featured again in another 4 or 5 pictures with the story.
    Beat That !!

I've a photo somewhere with Lady Di when she asked me about a machine at Richardson's cutlery about 1983/4(?)

She was drop dead gorgeous close to.....rip.

Singing with marmalade in Spain.
    😁

Back in the summer of 2003 I spent 6 weeks on and off filming with Peter Kay as his body double in Max And Paddy's Road to nowhere.
    Very enjoyable I have also appeared in Emmerdales woolpack and Coronation Streets Rovers Return.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Singing with marmalade in Spain.
    😁

Thick Cut!

(sic)

In 1979 I was at a Catholic School as a 6 year old in Cork and I was on the local news reading a prayer to celebrate the Pope's visit.

scruffy hair and snotty nose - The video pops up at family do's every now and then - Very Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by scum_triumphant View Post
    In 1979 I was at a Catholic School as a 6 year old in Cork and I was on the local news reading a prayer to celebrate the Pope's visit.

scruffy hair and snotty nose - The video pops up at family do's every now and then - Very Embarrassing.
    Nowts changed in your appearance then 🤣🤣

I played a frame of snooker against Terry Griffiths.
    I potted one red and he potted everything else 🙂..

I went on 15 to 1 on tele a few years ago

I’ve sparred with Chris Eubank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast