+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: QPR - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

I didn't get a wink all night. (Spelt with an ''i')

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I’ve allowed myself a bit of a sulky hissy fit, but it isn’t going to change where we are.

Ipswich may well sew up the second promotion spot before we kick another meaningful ball, but our players will need to be motivated for whatever the final roll of the dice might be which, though a longer shot now, could still be the home game against Southampton.

Even if that game is effectively a dead rubber, we need to get our drive and desire back for that game to provide some impetus to revert to plan B: successfully navigate through the playoffs.

As low as we might feel after today’s game, it’s still totally in our hands to have a genuine shot at promotion.

Think about that.

Regroup. Rebound.

We are Leeds. Let’s stop this melodramatic falling apart crap and show some bloody mettle and get it done.
    Nah, no mental/physical strength/desire from players or manager. Its over.
    Anyway, nobody’s life will change because of what Leeds do, win or lose.
    Try to stay healthy and keep working is what most of us will be doing.
    Enjoy your summer/winter.
    kiddingourselves.com
    Last edited by Billyni; 27-04-2024 at 08:19 AM.

Like the positivity Orgs but this is Leeds United , serial bottlers , hence why everyone deep down knows its done.

The sooner Ipswich put us out of our misery re auto places the better, not that the play offs look any more positive or attractive. Will be interesting to see the re action at ER with the Southampton game.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I’ve allowed myself a bit of a sulky hissy fit, but it isn’t going to change where we are.

Ipswich may well sew up the second promotion spot before we kick another meaningful ball, but our players will need to be motivated for whatever the final roll of the dice might be which, though a longer shot now, could still be the home game against Southampton.

Even if that game is effectively a dead rubber, we need to get our drive and desire back for that game to provide some impetus to revert to plan B: successfully navigate through the playoffs.

As low as we might feel after today’s game, it’s still totally in our hands to have a genuine shot at promotion.

Think about that.

Regroup. Rebound.

We are Leeds. Let’s stop this melodramatic falling apart crap and show some bloody mettle and get it done.
    Refer you to the few posts before yours.....All are correct. We have a collective who between them have screwed up what should have been a relatively straightforward run in to seasons end. By that I mean Manager and players.

"We are Leeds" might mean something to supporters, but frankly there are too many 1st team players for whom it apparently means very little. For all their failings I'd suggest Ayling and Cooper could show the majority of the 1st team what heart and spirit mean. Over recent weeks Leeds have faced a number of "cup finals" and in the majority of cases the players have performed poorly in comparison to what we KNOW they can do. We have seen it, Der Fuhrer has seen it, and yet little if anything has changed, hence why were are where we are.

Calling for there to be mettle shown depends on the players having any, and on recent showings, they don't.

It is easy to forget that by most metrics this has been a stellar season for us 90 points, record winning streak equalled, EFL player of the season and at times we have played some scintillating football and we have beaten Leicester and Ipswich H and A.

I think the frustration comes for me from the fact we were in a position to kick on and secure promotion and we whimpered instead.

The international break wasn’t kind but this weird kind of malaise seems to have gripped Farke and the first team for the last 6 to 8 games.

It’s the inability to beat the teams at the bottom which tends to kill us and did so again.

There was a degree of inevitability to losing at QPR (why I hate QPR away).

Farke is a good manager and has had a good season but also has a lot of flaws and a number of those were all exposed last night.

He is inflexible in tactics and largely squad rotation until his hand is forced.

He seems to bear grudges not least with young players which as we have a young squad isn’t very encouraging.

There are definite favourites who play regardless - Rutter and Summerville being the prime examples.

Tactically it was reasonably clear what was wrong last night and that changes needed to made at HT yet he waited.

That for me is what is galling - the last month could and should have been so much better and winning things/achieving goals is about putting yourself in position and then actually delivering.

Hey ho the season overall has been miles better than most of us hoped for it’s just …..

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    I didn't get a wink all night. (Spelt with an ''i')
    Unrequited love? 🤣

Starting Piroe against a pretty slow QPR back 4 when you have the busy/bustling/fast, works his balls off Joseph sitting on the bench was an absolute disgrace and yet another Farke flaw , relying on players who for what ever reason ain't delivering , painful to see Piroe last night he was absolute sh1te , Joffy would have put in a better shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Starting Piroe against a pretty slow QPR back 4 when you have the busy/bustling/fast, works his balls off Joseph sitting on the bench was an absolute disgrace and yet another Farke flaw , relying on players who for what ever reason ain't delivering , painful to see Piroe last night he was absolute sh1te , Joffy would have put in a better shift.
    Funny how we see different things in games.

If you were looking for Piroe to play like an out an out 9 then we all know he can’t do that very well he is really a 10 and should have played instead of Rutter but with Joseph ahead of him.

In a team playing badly thought he did okay when he got the ball - he had a decent couple of efforts in the first half and what little ball he had he used fairly well.

Problem was those around him played poorly and the back 4 and centre miss kept hitting glory passes from 40 or 50 yards which got picked off too easily.

He wasn’t great but thought he did okay in a position he doesn’t really play and with out of for players around him.

Joffy and Joseph did more in their cameos than those that started but we all know they are unlikely to start or get more than cameos in the coming game(s)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)