+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pinder

Mike Pinder

I don’t know if anyone else out there liked The Moody Blues. Not everyone’s favourite prog rock band.

Sad to read of the death of Mike Pinder, the keyboard player. No longer a melancholy man for whom thinking is the best way to travel.

Although his life was not, he penned the brilliant “Simple Game” covered by the Four Tops.

Another one gone, sadly.

Talented member of a great group. I love them and have everything they ever released. Big loss to the music industry.

They were one of my fringe bands in the late 60's early 70's, my main taste then was more rock and rhythm and blues.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    They were one of my fringe bands in the late 60's early 70's, my main taste then was more rock and rhythm and blues.
    Never got to see the Moody Blues kc but I did go to see the Blue Jays (Justin Hayward, John Lodge) at the Apollo, Ardwick, Manchester in 1975. A most memorable evening in more ways than one.

I saw the Moodies on several occasions - the first being when Mike Pinder was still with the band. Always amazing shows. I saw the Blue Jays too on that tour.

I saw Justin Hayward a couple of years ago. A great evening with all the “classics” and lots of anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I didn’t have you down as a “headbanger” k-c. Still waters run deep, as the saying goes

Never saw them but I loved Nights in White Satin, an absolute classic. They were never really one of my favourites, I was more into Yes, ELP, King Crimson, Floyd, Genesis, Hawkwind and The Nice back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I didn’t have you down as a “headbanger” k-c. Still waters run deep, as the saying goes
    If you remember Pete Quinn (aka Rainbow) we used to go to Manchester to watch bands like Led Zepp and Ten Years After while we were still at St. Ted's. Yup, headbanger I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I saw the Moodies on several occasions - the first being when Mike Pinder was still with the band. Always amazing shows. I saw the Blue Jays too on that tour.

I saw Justin Hayward a couple of years ago. A great evening with all the “classics” and lots of anecdotes.
    I saw him a couple of months ago in Swansea. Superb night which featured all the “timeless songs” that we all went to hear., spanning the back catalogue of hits they were famous for. “ Forever Autumn” being my favourite out of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Never saw them but I loved Nights in White Satin, an absolute classic. They were never really one of my favourites, I was more into Yes, ELP, King Crimson, Floyd, Genesis, Hawkwind and The Nice back then.
    Good choices, sinkov. I lived next door to Keith Emerson in the Bahamas. Super guy and lovely family. It was a sad day when he committed suicide.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)