+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Although the team selection yesterday seemed odd, we have had a very good season measured against our expectations, whether we make the playoffs or not. Of course it would be disappointing if we do not go into the playoffs but not the end of the World. Carlos must stay!

I'm definitely in the camp that yesterday's starting selection was wrong and the changes second half confirmed that Corberan belatedly realised the same. Would things have been different if Mowatt, Fellows, BTA and Reach had all started? I believe so but whilst credit must be given to Wednesday who certainly deserved the win, what was worrying yet again were the defensive errors and lack of sharpness in the final third from ourselves. After a decent performance against Leicester (who were surely only saved by Choudhury's three goal line clearances) I had hoped for a return to form but guess it is the Albion after all 😞

I do have some sympathy for baggieAl's point of view in that we have maintained 5th place since around Christmas and therefore any failure to reach the play offs at this late stage is galling and down to players and manager alike. However- with the particular exception of Mikey Johnston-Corberan is still mostly having to manage with the same group of players he had at the start of the season and the arrival of Mr Patel hasn't changed this. We all know that most of our squad are decent Championship quality at best and with our better ones playing most games, dips in form, fatigue and injuries are inevitable.

Having eventually managed to get a new owner-and a potentially decent one at that-is the biggest achievement this season as it may likely have saved us as a club but I don't think we should forget what Corberan has achieved on limited resources with these players and few would have thought we would be where were are now at the start of the season.

The Preston game will be a tough one and whilst I have never really expected us to gain promotion this year and so won't be too disappointed if we don't, having got this far I will be disappointed if we don't at least make the play offs. All I want is for us to field our best team, put in a good performance in front of a home crowd and go for it. If we win, I'll be elated but still not expecting to get through play offs. If we lose due to a poor performance I'll be sorely p issed off but if we go out having played well and shown intent and competitiveness, yes, I'll rue the missed opportunities of some past games but I'll feel better. I liked Mick's analogy of Corberan spilling his drink over his classwork. We need to mop that spillage up quickly so as not to spoil all the hard work done so far. Let's hope it's not too late.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)