+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Forest Green Rovers 27.04.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    My son, who is there, said most fans laughing at how bad our team is and light scattering of applause but players ran off hastily.
    Feel sorry for the poor sods who went.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Robertson is very over rated and our poor form has coincided with his signing.You guys wont accept that but look at the evidence.
    We really need somebody better than him, gives the ball away at times just like Baldwin. This was a very poor performance by Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    My son, who is there, said most fans laughing at how bad our team is and light scattering of applause but players ran off hastily.
    Coiuld be worse though, FGR fans must be gutted after being in L1 last year haha - but thanks FGR getting Burchnall of our hands is the best thing that could have happened

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Feel sorry for the poor sods who went.
    His final comments were great welcome, party music, food stalls etc, went down hill thereafter , dull, lifeless, lacking any spark.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    - but thanks FGR getting Burchnall of our hands is the best thing that could have happened
    Taking in that sorry scene today, it's shocking that any genuine football man would trade Meadow Lane for a field at the edge of a village.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Surely we will get off to a better start than losing 5-1
    With I-follow going next season I won’t be able to watch which must be a relief for everyone as my record since the start of the year is P5 L5, including what must rank as one of the most shocking Notts display I have witnessed in the 2-1 defeat against Swindon. I am pleased for my own sanity that I wasn’t able to watch today.

Just to correct a mistake I made earlier it’s actually 0 out 18 (not 12) possible points against the three promoted sides and that goes with 3 out of 12 against the two relegated teams. This Summer’s recruitment is going to be hugely important and I only hope we get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Interesting comments re:Robertson. His typical performance is tidy enough and he's above average for strength and athleticism but in half a season can we think of a single positive contribution he made to our forward play - a goal? an assist? And then there's the errors/sending off...
    Today screamed out for him to inject some urgency and creativity from his position.
    He's got to start showing more next season IMO because his play to date is short of a promotion worthy centre-mid.
    I think that's reasonable. Mostly he's okay and certainly tidy enough but I'm concerned he is rated highly because of what he replaced. The same might also be said of Macari. Has improved the side but how good is he really? Fwiw I'd keep them both, but I'd ditch Nemane for sure (does he actually understand the game) and Cameron was poor again I thought today without necessarily being calamitous. When Baldwin stops being an arse he's actually pretty decent and he just has to cut the errors and practice his turning with the ball. And Macca has to stop pretending he was in a position to receive the ball when he wasn't - a ball cannot pass through solid matter. Unless it's our keeper or one of our defenders.

We are absolutely mental to keep Maynard for next season. Bottom of the table form over half a season with JJ, Macca, Crowley, and Azza.

Gambling with our EFL status. Lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    he's a pillock.
    Sorry, think he's useless. Motivation is his job and it was poor today. This is a talented team needing the defence tightening and today motivation (and pride) was missing, and ever since he joined.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Interesting comments re:Robertson. His typical performance is tidy enough and he's above average for strength and athleticism but in half a season can we think of a single positive contribution he made to our forward play - a goal? an assist? And then there's the errors/sending off...
    Today screamed out for him to inject some urgency and creativity from his position.
    He's got to start showing more next season IMO because his play to date is short of a promotion worthy centre-mid.
    I’m glad you’ve said that because I can’t remember a more overrated player in Notts history than Robertson. I can only assume it’s cos of the rubbish he’s played with. He did do a very good through ball for Macca last week.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast