+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Forest Green Rovers 27.04.24 [EFL L2]

I disagree but I knew that was coming :-)

[edit - answer to Elite re Aborah]

A lot of money spent on a pitch to play None League football on, going nowhere with this 🤡

14th. Absolute crap Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    So to be clear you’re say they got him because their goal is to finish mid table each season and they will keep him another 3 seasons with mid table finishes to prove they were right?
    They will stick with him to prove they were right, but its doubtfull he will get much higher than mid table, then the bros will have to admit it- so why wait another 2 years ..?

We'll never know but it wouldn't have taken much to be chasing Wrexham via the playoffs. Bugger it.

Looking like we're back to square one with Maynard, have to question why we didn't win today.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    They will stick with him to prove they were right, but its doubtfull he will get much higher than mid table, then the bros will have to admit it- so why wait another 2 years ..?
    If we’re mid table middle of next season and they believe he’s underperforming, he’ll be gone. I just don’t get why you keep saying they’ve got egos? On what evidence? The evidence shows their the opposite.

The evidence suggests they know SM is average to poor, but decided to stick with him after he ruined this season,

Maynard says he's "excited about next season", yep absolutely buzzing for life possibly without Langstaff and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Boring dead rubber of a game. I couldn't care less about it to be honest. Now we need a top notch close season and on to the new campaign. The FGR commentators were the most annoying thing about it tbh. Feel a bit sorry for all those dedicated Pies who travelled though!
    It didn't matter in terms of there being any prizes on it, but a win today should have been possible against the bottom-placed team, and would have given us a 12th place and therefore top half finish.

I'm a tad annoyed to be honest, it was an opportunity for Maynard and Notts to make an assertive little statement and send fans into the summer feeling positive, especially with season tickets about to go on sale, and they haven't mustered the enthusiasm or guile to do it. All the previously stated doubts about Maynard being the right man to lead us forward therefore remain.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast