+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Forest Green Rovers 27.04.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Cotterill would be a manager to definitely get the respect of his players and quickly...Maynard seems to be too nice and soft and shows it in his terrible post match interviews... would love to see Cotterill back at Notts providing his health is up to it
    Forget it. Another whose lame excuse was wanted to be near "home" as 1 reason for not staying then went to Forest

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Cotterill would be a manager to definitely get the respect of his players and quickly...Maynard seems to be too nice and soft and shows it in his terrible post match interviews... would love to see Cotterill back at Notts providing his health is up to it
    Yes on his latest post match interview Maynard said the players gave everything this gives me no confidence in him knowing the performance the players put in was not acceptable with some players just going through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Yes on his latest post match interview Maynard said the players gave everything this gives me no confidence in him knowing the performance the players put in was not acceptable with some players just going through the motions.
    By the end it actually looked like some of the players were rushing out because they were late for their flight to Ibiza...shocking performance and for Maynard to defend it in any way is mind boggling! He's starting to run out of sympathy with most of the fan base... it will be an interesting summer...if he doesn't get the recruitment right he won't be at Notts for very long next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Notts County in white shorts is an abomination. Reminds me of the relegation season when Mick Walker was sacked, we went through multiple replacements and the players looked untrained and overweight, which they were.
    From the back they look like large nappies..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    From the back they look like large nappies..
    They do!

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Ok i cant help the fact that uou are thick
    The irony !

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Forget it. Another whose lame excuse was wanted to be near "home" as 1 reason for not staying then went to Forest
    Thank you for pointing that out, it was irritating me that people were even for one moment were considering him as our manager again after what he done to us before !!! The guy is another Fat Sam with his treachery , it was a lovely wave today though , CNUT !!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out, it was irritating me that people were even for one moment were considering him as our manager again after what he done to us before !!! The guy is another Fat Sam with his treachery , it was a lovely wave today though , CNiUT !!
    I thought he left because he wasn't happy with the budget Trew offered for the following season??

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Just looking at the 2nd half of the season table (last 23 played), we're below FGR in 18th and just 3 points above Colchester who were the worst team this half of the campaign and they will probably be the bookies early favourites to go down in 2025. Newport have lost their final 8 games on the bounce and look vulnerable for next season also.

Doncaster 1st, MKD 5th and Bradford 7th in the last 23 look the best shouts for the top 3 next season, though either MKD or Donny will probably win the play offs next month.
    Good post
    Essentially teams saw how to play against us. Double up on JJ and sit deep to stop us getting in behind. Then wait for the inevitable cock ups when we have the ball in our own half
    At least half our players don't have the concentration or composure to play the way we do. When pressed they panic and give the ball away
    Hey presto another comedy goal conceded
    It happened in game after game

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    Good post
    Essentially teams saw how to play against us. Double up on JJ and sit deep to stop us getting in behind. Then wait for the inevitable cock ups when we have the ball in our own half
    At least half our players don't have the concentration or composure to play the way we do. When pressed they panic and give the ball away
    Hey presto another comedy goal conceded
    It happened in game after game
    Yep and also hit crosses / diagonals to the far post and hope the wingbacks are asleep. It was a bit like the Nolan season, I know we lost Yates but ultimately we were worked out.
    If JJ stays he can’t play at wingback it’s just a waste of his talent, he needs to be a bit more inside for me as teams can now as you say isolate him on the wing.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast