+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Forest Green Rovers 27.04.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Maynard says he's "excited about next season"
    Shame he couldn't get them "buzzing" today then. He needs to talk a lot less and deliver a lot more.

"The players gave everything today for this football club."

He is on drugs???? Jesus H.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    If we’re mid table middle of next season and they believe he’s underperforming, he’ll be gone. I just don’t get why you keep saying they’ve got egos? On what evidence? The evidence shows their the opposite.
    The thing is he’ll go into next season with zero credibility in the bank so a poor start will just start all the talk again.

We’re clearly a progressive club with cracking ownership, new pitch the Nest etc. I have no idea why we’re pinning our hopes on such an unqualified bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Boring dead rubber of a game. I couldn't care less about it to be honest. Now we need a top notch close season and on to the new campaign. The FGR commentators were the most annoying thing about it tbh. Feel a bit sorry for all those dedicated Pies who travelled though!
    Most annoying things for me were:

Our OCD, paint by numbers style of football. We appear to have very little football intelligence and creativity when plan A isn't working.

Forest Green's pitch. How on earth can you have a football club in the middle of the Cotswolds with a rich environmentalist owner and still have a crap bobbly pitch?

Losing to the worst team in the league via the last gift wrapped comedy of errors of the season. Although at least that was quite fitting.

It's gonna be a long hard slog next season me thinks with coco the clown in charge & dipstick Montague getting the players in

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

Our OCD, paint by numbers style of football. We appear to have very little football intelligence and creativity when plan A isn't working.

Forest Green's pitch. How on earth can you have a football club in the middle of the Cotswolds with a rich environmentalist owner and still have a crap bobbly pitch?

Losing to the worst team in the league via the last gift wrapped comedy of errors of the season. Although at least that was quite fitting.
    We needed the last cock up to make the full 180min video for the season

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    They will stick with him to prove they were right, but its doubtfull he will get much higher than mid table, then the bros will have to admit it- so why wait another 2 years ..?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The thing is he’ll go into next season with zero credibility in the bank so a poor start will just start all the talk again.

We’re clearly a progressive club with cracking ownership, new pitch the Nest etc. I have no idea why we’re pinning our hopes on such an unqualified bloke.
    Totally agree, what I don’t agree with is Davy saying they will stick with him another 2-3 years because of their egos, he actually said “talk about egos” as if he can see into the future 😂

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    I think that's reasonable. Mostly he's okay and certainly tidy enough but I'm concerned he is rated highly because of what he replaced. The same might also be said of Macari. Has improved the side but how good is he really? Fwiw I'd keep them both, but I'd ditch Nemane for sure (does he actually understand the game) and Cameron was poor again I thought today without necessarily being calamitous. When Baldwin stops being an arse he's actually pretty decent and he just has to cut the errors and practice his turning with the ball. And Macca has to stop pretending he was in a position to receive the ball when he wasn't - a ball cannot pass through solid matter. Unless it's our keeper or one of our defenders.
    Fair points. He is a promising young player but needs to start coming through with match winning performances, or at the very least cut out the errors.

Quote Originally Posted by M0ufMk3 View Post
    I think that's reasonable. Mostly he's okay and certainly tidy enough but I'm concerned he is rated highly because of what he replaced. The same might also be said of Macari. Has improved the side but how good is he really? Fwiw I'd keep them both, but I'd ditch Nemane for sure (does he actually understand the game) and Cameron was poor again I thought today without necessarily being calamitous. When Baldwin stops being an arse he's actually pretty decent and he just has to cut the errors and practice his turning with the ball. And Macca has to stop pretending he was in a position to receive the ball when he wasn't - a ball cannot pass through solid matter. Unless it's our keeper or one of our defenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    We needed the last cock up to make the full 180min video for the season
    Think that's already full, this was for the bonus features!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

Can’t blame the pitch today, we was absolutely awful pitch had nothing to do with it

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast