+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Forest Green Rovers 27.04.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Totally agree, what I don’t agree with is Davy saying they will stick with him another 2-3 years because of their egos, he actually said “talk about egos” as if he can see into the future 😂
    well thats no surprise

I think we will be in real trouble next season. If Macca & JJ goes then you're really struggling to find two teams worse than us.

Just watched Notts County Talk's vlog of the game. What a thoroughly nice bloke Steve Cotterill is coming over to the Notts fans and shaking a few hands. Top bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Just watched Notts County Talk's vlog of the game. What a thoroughly nice bloke Steve Cotterill is coming over to the Notts fans and shaking a few hands. Top bloke.
    Agreed. Very decent.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Wouldn't have minded Cotterill back when LW went. Thought it might be a possibility in the fact he might want a step back from "full management" but not sure his style would fit and he might just lose it with the defence. FGR is probably the best for him after his COVID incident, near his family and such but definitely feel he could have got a tune out of this squad

I blame those stupid looking white shorts we were wearing today.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Crowley was coming even if we had stayed in the NL, so wouldn't be that expensive plus came from Morecambe who don't have a pot to piss in. Mcgoldrick wanted to come here. Wasn't about money. Remember Alan Smith being here & was on peanuts, said so himself
    And there’s the value, Crowley will still be on a 1 to 2k a week and Mcgoldrick 4 to 5, it’s hardly peanuts.

Where do u get 4-5k from? Notts weren't after him, he chased Notts to come here to finish his career. As I said it wasn't about money for him. If we were paying that for him RM should be chased out the club. That would have covered 2/3 players wages that the squad was short of

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    I blame those stupid looking white shorts we were wearing today.
    Notts County in white shorts is an abomination. Reminds me of the relegation season when Mick Walker was sacked, we went through multiple replacements and the players looked untrained and overweight, which they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Wouldn't have minded Cotterill back when LW went. Thought it might be a possibility in the fact he might want a step back from "full management" but not sure his style would fit and he might just lose it with the defence. FGR is probably the best for him after his COVID incident, near his family and such but definitely feel he could have got a tune out of this squad
    Cotterill would be a manager to definitely get the respect of his players and quickly...Maynard seems to be too nice and soft and shows it in his terrible post match interviews... would love to see Cotterill back at Notts providing his health is up to it

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast