+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Warney gets another promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Part exchange with Viktor going the other way?
    Billy Mercer is a coach at Everton and really wants them to sign him.
    Southampton covet him highly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    If he is he'll be 'very rich' warm toast and definitely walk straight into another job with a CV he's now got.
    I agree Brin and he and all Derby fans should thank Tony Stewart for that. Give credit where it's due.Warne was a fitness coach and a reluctant manager who TS believed in and who gave him the confidence and support to become something he did not believe he could be. I don't think their relationship was as rosy in the end as some may have believed but that alters nothing.I also think that getting Derby promoted from League 1 is far less of an achievement than doing so at Rotherham.

You don't get it managers like Tommy Doc' Evans are Box office they've just got it put bums on seats. Warney Southgate are losers. Getting promotion from League 1 now isn't that big a deal. 10 years ago side Evans put together would have been promoted automatic well before seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    You don't get it managers like Tommy Doc' Evans are Box office they've just got it put bums on seats. Warney Southgate are losers. Getting promotion from League 1 now isn't that big a deal. 10 years ago side Evans put together would have been promoted automatic well before seasons end.
    I love Steve Evans and I'm glad he is back ... but to say Warne is a loser is a insult to him , Warne has archived a lot more as a manager than Steve ever has . Steve got us up trough the play offs .. finishing 4th .. Warne got us up in automatic promotion twice .. and once in the play offs ..Warne is probably the most successful manager in our history .. if getting out of league one ,is no big deal, why in the last 10 years have teams like . Portsmouth, Wednesday, Sheffield utd,Leeds United all struggled to get out of it .as for Southgate euro Cup final . 1st English manager EVER to get us there . World Cup semi final. ..to say they are both losers is ridiculous.

Forgive me if I’m wrong but I wasn’t born.

Didn’t the Doc get us relegated in his single season with us?

Remind me how many times did Warney get us relegated!
    Remind me how many times did Docherty get us promoted?
    He was a gimmicky disaster for the club.

That's why I hardly watch football now with managers like Warney & Southgate no character either of them. Don't make them like Tommy Doc Cloughie now.
    Warne has got no character ?
    You really are a Muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Thousands of Derby fans
    99% of Derby County fans will never have seen Brian Clough has manager,

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Warne has got no character ?
    You really are a Muppet.

Tell me what he's got? I wouldn't want him leading me into battle.

PW has done a great job at Derby and was great for us, and he gave the club the most successful season in our history and we have suffered since he left. He wasn’t perfect but no person is, but his record in League 1 is outstanding, is he a championship manager we will see now as the budget argument has gone. For me he just comes across as a miserable bloke that doesn’t know how to be happy or when to feel elation at his achievements.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast