+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rams Are going UP!

The Rams Are going UP!

IN the end the result didn't matter, though it looked like Posh had thrown in the trowel. But what an achievement! Just short of 2 years after Clowes (the "rookie" owner) saved our club from extinction we are now back in the championship.

Lets also give Paul Warne some credit, granted his teams rarely play like Barcelona, but with one hand tied behind his back with EFL restrictions he has built on the team he inherited and managed automatic promotion in his second season.

The key play
    Warne's willingness to leave out CBT, was also brave, many a manager would pick their most recent "star" signing whatever.
    er acquisition in January was Adams who has added that "bite" in the midfield most fans could see was lacking, yet if he hadn't been injured and lost his place in the team, he probably wouldn't have been available. These are the random events that can shape a teams season and make the difference between being in the top 2 or the top 6.

Now of course the next challenge is to be competitive in the championship, but for now lets enjoy the promotion and salute Paul Warne and his team!

Absolutely no idea how this thread has posted twice, no doubt AF can remove one!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Absolutely no idea how this thread has posted twice, no doubt AF can remove one!!
    I’m celebrating tonight by grouting my daughter’s kitchen floor, I may be near a comp tomorrow

CORRECTION to thread title. The Rams have gone up, past tense. In fact they had at 2-44 when the thread started. Moving on....

So now to look forward to a future in the Championship. Now we know where we are playing, who in the squad is history and who to bring in - or rather, as well as Adams, who to bring in and what positions can we realistically strengthen?

Just one more thing to look forward to this season - Notts Forest joining us next season. I will become a Burnley fan for a couple of weeks I think: another last game of the season may be fun yet

It will be nice taking 12 points off Leeds and Forest next season.
    Our squad will become unrecognisable to this one. I might have a cheeky £10 on promotion.

Well last time we got out of the third division....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    CORRECTION to thread title. The Rams have gone up, past tense. In fact they had at 2-44 when the thread started. Moving on....

So now to look forward to a future in the Championship. Now we know where we are playing, who in the squad is history and who to bring in - or rather, as well as Adams, who to bring in and what positions can we realistically strengthen?

Just one more thing to look forward to this season - Notts Forest joining us next season. I will become a Burnley fan for a couple of weeks I think: another last game of the season may be fun yet
    Wow…not even 24 hours on and you’re getting rid! Bit harsh, but my initial feelings are…build around, Wildsmith, Cashin, Nelson, Rooney, Sibley, Nyambe, Adams (hopefully), CBT, NML, Brown and Smith. Ward, Wilson and (for mac, MA, GP and Swale…in nearly the words of Honeybus) ‘I can’t let Fozzy go’ might also be on the list. The remainder are, imo, negotiable at Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    It will be nice taking 12 points off Leeds and Forest next season.
    Our squad will become unrecognisable to this one. I might have a cheeky £10 on promotion.
    Incidentally how much was the promotion worth from L1 to the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Wow…not even 24 hours on and you’re getting rid! Bit harsh, but my initial feelings are…build around, Wildsmith, Cashin, Nelson, Rooney, Sibley, Nyambe, Adams (hopefully), CBT, NML, Brown and Smith. Ward, Wilson and (for mac, MA, GP and Swale…in nearly the words of Honeybus) ‘I can’t let Fozzy go’ might also be on the list. The remainder are, imo, negotiable at Championship level.
    Deffo keep him but unfortunately we kept her too long! Her names turned my innards over again just as they fancied some grub😩

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Incidentally how much was the promotion worth from L1 to the Championship?
    Not a lot I believe....maybe 25% of a championship player of less than modest talent

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)