+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pathetic Carlos

The only player Carlos has confirmed that he has an injury is Fellows ,wouldn't be surprised if Mowatt BTA and a few non starters are also be monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Are you suggesting an out of form Wallace is better up front than Asante or Maja? Why change the team when we played well last week albeit missed chances? M’vila was poor so why drop out mist consistent player Mowatt? Why start Phillips in a huge game as it’s like Griffiths all over again who handed it to the Dingles?

We have been shocking for a while so that’s not got anything to do with past troubles. Fellows our best player can’t get a game FFS.

No wonder why many of our 2400 travelling supporters left early today. The cameras showed this!
    Al all the top sides in the league are having an end of season lull. The top three sides can’t choose who wants to win it.

I’m saying we have a talented manager who will assess his options in training and pick the best options available. We wouldn’t have won today with BTA up top and watching Maja in the final minutes of the game, he looks as mobile as the tea lady.

Who cares if the fans left early? It’s a one off in a decent season. You take that sort of risk every-time you go to an away game.

Fellows has had an injury. Do you want him to risk his career if he’s not fully fit?

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Al all the top sides in the league are having an end of season lull. The top three sides can’t choose who wants to win it.

I’m saying we have a talented manager who will assess his options in training and pick the best options available. We wouldn’t have won today with BTA up top and watching Maja in the final minutes of the game, he looks as mobile as the tea lady.

Who cares if the fans left early? It’s a one off in a decent season. You take that sort of risk every-time you go to an away game.

Fellows has had an injury. Do you want him to risk his career if he’s not fully fit?

If a player is on the bench then they should be match fit. Surely you would want to start that player and bring him off if tired as opposed to the other way around. Phillips looked rustier than my old garden gate. Wallace can’t play in that position and the majority of Albion fans are clear with this - he’s out of form too. No coincidence when the players who should have started came on we were a threat but the damage had been done.

Since the takeover apart from patches the football has been woeful! We were lucky to beat Rotherham FFS! Who cares if the fans left early you say but spending £100 approx they will care at an awful waste of time! Look at our away form which is awful but not much changes!

No one is doubting Corberon has not done a decent job but it’s the style of football that’s worrying. I honestly don’t mind losing if the football is decent and we have given it a good go! That’s not the case in the last couple of months.

I have no confidence whether we will beat a very average Preston side. If we don’t - do you go back in the past and say we could have gone bust - all Lai’s fault blah blah! In a Sales environment the past is irrelevant - it’s here and now!

If we get in the play offs then not asking too much to play the best starting 11 which includes Mowatt and excludes Wallace, Phillips and Townsend! In the home leg we should go for it and not sit back especially with the second leg away!

The two talented managers for me are the Ipswich manager who has enjoyed consistent good football and the Wednesday manager who has worked a minor miracle.

If a player is on the bench then they should be match fit. Surely you would want to start that player and bring him off if tired as opposed to the other way around. Phillips looked rustier than my old garden gate. Wallace can’t play in that position and the majority of Albion fans are clear with this - he’s out of form too. No coincidence when the players who should have started came on we were a threat but the damage had been done.

Since the takeover apart from patches the football has been woeful! We were lucky to beat Rotherham FFS! Who cares if the fans left early you say but spending £100 approx they will care at an awful waste of time! Look at our away form which is awful but not much changes!

No one is doubting Corberon has not done a decent job but it’s the style of football that’s worrying. I honestly don’t mind losing if the football is decent and we have given it a good go! That’s not the case in the last couple of months.

I have no confidence whether we will beat a very low average Preston side. If we don’t - do you go back in the past and say we could have gone bust - all Lai’s fault blah blah! In a Sales environment the past is irrelevant - it’s here and now!

If we get in the play offs then not asking too much to play the best starting 11 which includes Mowatt and excludes Wallace, Phillips and Townsend! In the home leg we should go for it and not sit back especially with the second leg away!

The two talented managers for me are the Ipswich manager who has enjoyed consistent good football and the Wednesday manager who has worked a minor miracle.
    Al the new owner came in after the transfer window shut. He’s had no opportunity to change the problems that were set in by Lai. So nothing changes with the new owner until the summer. If he doesn’t take out of the club it’s an improvement! The thought that he’d just come in and it would be better makes no sense.

Wallace scored last match. How is he out of form? I agree him up top doesn’t work; what I’m saying is that the alternative probably wouldn’t either.

I can understand any criticism about style of play if the gaffer had spent £10m, but he had no money to spend. Not sure why that’s forgotten about. Even the Ipswich manager was able to buy players he wanted!

Al the new owner came in after the transfer window shut. He’s had no opportunity to change the problems that were set in by Lai. So nothing changes with the new owner until the summer. If he doesn’t take out of the club it’s an improvement! The thought that he’d just come in and it would be better makes no sense.

Wallace scored last match. How is he out of form? I agree him up top doesn’t work; what I’m saying is that the alternative probably wouldn’t either.

I can understand any criticism about style of play if the gaffer had spent £10m, but he had no money to spend. Not sure why that’s forgotten about. Even the Ipswich manager was able to buy players he wanted!

Nobody Matt is disputing the players that he’s been dealt with but more the style of football and the tinkering. Yes Wallace scored last week but he’s been poor although admittedly it could be the position he’s been asked to play.

Why would you change the team from last week albeit M’vila who was poor and Wallace? Phillips being risked to start was just as big a gamble as risking Griffiths in a huge game against Wolves and we know what happened there!

We need the same starting eleven in my opinion ( the best ) against Preston to start in the first leg. Momentum - style - shape and knowing what’s expected. This includes Mowatt - Asante/Maja - Fellows and on present form Reach over Townsend.

I have no confidence whether we will beat a very average Preston side. If we don’t - do you go back in the past and say we could have gone bust - all Lai’s fault blah blah! In a Sales environment the past is irrelevant - it’s here and now!

AL, you need to stop banging on about away supporters and the money they lay out, it’s totally f u c k I n g irrelevant.

ANY football fan knows the risk when supporting their club, nobody begs them to spend their hard earned.

Many do it because they like to get on the p I s s and the “nose candy”, fk me, the number that spend the vast part of the game on the concourse drinking and singing imbecile level songs never fails to amaze me.

Even if your side is half decent you’re usually going to come back fed up after half of your away games at least.

To be honest, I couldn’t give a toss about the money spent travelling, it’s a personal choice.

I don’t know why you bother going away to matches, for two thirds of them you end up on here spitting feathers.

Save your money and have a nice afternoon out.

It’s not worth the angst and fury.

Nobody Matt is disputing the players that he’s been dealt with but more the style of football and the tinkering. Yes Wallace scored last week but he’s been poor although admittedly it could be the position he’s been asked to play.

Why would you change the team from last week albeit M’vila who was poor and Wallace? Phillips being risked to start was just as big a gamble as risking Griffiths in a huge game against Wolves and we know what happened there!

We need the same starting eleven in my opinion ( the best ) against Preston to start in the first leg. Momentum - style - shape and knowing what’s expected. This includes Mowatt - Asante/Maja - Fellows and on present form Reach over Townsend.
    You’ll never see a first 11 that plays 46 games a season without rotation. Modern football is about the squad and there’s a lot more in the game about managing across a season to get the best performance. Ismael didn’t do this and continuously played Mowatt without rotation when he should have been managing an injury. Fergie started this off but had an elite squad. Ours is crap but no one is really better than another.

Phillips was quality in the first half of the season and for me there’s not much between any of our wingers.

You’ll never see a first 11 that plays 46 games a season without rotation. Modern football is about the squad and there’s a lot more in the game about managing across a season to get the best performance. Ismael didn’t do this and continuously played Mowatt without rotation when he should have been managing an injury. Fergie started this off but had an elite squad. Ours is crap but no one is really better than another.

Phillips was quality in the first half of the season and for me there’s not much between any of our wingers.

I get that but why risk Philips today and surely he should prove his first half of the season showing by coming off the bench. I get frustrated with sitters missed by Asante but he’s faster than Wallace and links up play well. Why place Wallace in a position he’s no good in as opposed to Asante who didn’t play last week? M’vila was poor last week so why drop Mowatt for him? Townsend never gets rested and he’s a poor player and Reach who I have been critical of has been decent of late to his credit!

Play the starting line up today v Preston and seriously think we could have a problem. Surely the same starting line up against Preston and for the first leg if we get there as an eight day gap? Shape - momentum -style - I could go on.

With more players available after injury the more he tinkers with the line up, not good, does he really know his best side?

There’s some very short memories on here from some posters.

We were going down under Bruce and in a complete mess, this bloke came in and had an almost immediate effect and we nearly made the play offs.

He loses our supposedly best defender in the summer in O’Shea and we only bring in Maja of note and he then gets injured.

Dike then out for another season.

He’s brought Fellows through, do we really think Bruce or Pulis would’ve given Fellows his chance in recent years?

I think the more likely scenario is that Carlos will start to feel the bad vibes and he’ll walk.

How quickly we go from lauding him to slagging him off and wishing him gone.

He’s making some selections that are testing us as fans but that’s his call.

I think Shilen is a cool and sensible man and that he’ll want to retain Carlos.

Carlos deserves a summer with the new chairman and recruitment team to fashion his own squad, not have to make Bruce and Gourlay’s f u c k fest of recruiting work!

If we do well in the play offs let’s see if his head is still being called for after a Wembley final.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)