+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk of challenging for promotion is foolish

Paul warne always did it

Why not Evans.

If we aren't in the play offs the season a failure

It is hard to see how evans can make anything in the short term. There isn’t enough money now for quality.
    The usual pick n mix evans approach will see a very poor start to the season, until players and tactics are got to grips with. Think Feb, the usual evans turn point after some jan swops.
    It is what happened before. Disregard the champs season.

What we have here is a lower start point than evans had here in 2012. When the mass exodus begins, coupled with the ones we cannot get rid of, and what comes in, people will get the full shock impact.

People say LR looked fed up…..the look on TS’s face was not dissimilar. Downbeat.

The OP is probably correct in principle
    We don’t know what the budget is, who we will retain and who we will sign
    Will the players gel together which is key

All guesswork at the moment. We,ll know a bit more in October but not everything.
    By last October, but for some scandalous refereeing decisions, we looked ok and competitive with the bottom four or so and look how that ended up

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The OP is probably correct in principle
    We don’t know what the budget is, who we will retain and who we will sign
    Will the players gel together which is key

All guesswork at the moment. We,ll know a bit more in October but not everything.
    By last October, but for some scandalous refereeing decisions, we looked ok and competitive with the bottom four or so and look how that ended up
    One thing is certain, our old crap players will be older

There’s a reason a few managers didn’t fancy the job - the scale of the task is huge - think 3-5 seasons, first priority is to secure/retain L1 status

I will just leave this here. Evans,whom I dislike with a big "dislike", will get us back up to the championship.After that happens.....let's see.

t I s £25 millers promoted next season even by the play-offs are you taking it you pay same if we're not to a worthy cause in this area? Steve will sort it I'm more confident can't do nothing now there's more than half of the squad need moving on. TS will back him keep the faith now we've got right management team in.

We will be top two next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    We will be top two next season.
    Wishful thinking.

I disagree with the OP you have to be positive and set a target, setting a target like that means there is no hiding for TS if he doesn’t fix the infrastructure issues and bring in the players we need

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast