+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Talk of challenging for promotion is foolish

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    You’ve not been listening, they are selling vik. And humps will want to go. The other two have been extended to ensure a fee.
    As for the other 3, you are having a laugh.
    Of course Vic will go - and incoming with be over a million to reinvest in the squad.

Humps won’t go.

As for having a laugh - we will see. Bramall has already done it at that level. I don’t rate him either but it’s the level he plays at. The other two will score in the pub league

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Agree entirely

We need to get back to basics, play 4-4-2, none of that wingback stuff, nor three at the back or false 9 crap

We need a rough, tough squad that plays the game in the opposition half of the pitch and can actually pass the ball to a team mate

Instead of teams and their supporters thinking “ whoopee were playing Rotherham next” we want them to think , “oh shyte it’s Rotherham next”
    Spot on win lose or draw, I want every opposition team to know they’ve been in a game with us and not just sauntered into a gift shop

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I posted my thoughts earlier and I will be happy with a mid table/ just outside the play offs stabilised position. Follow this up with further team building the season after for a full on assault going for promotion in 2025/2026 and hopefully with a squad, should we get there, that can sustain itself in the Championship.
    While I agree with you that this would be a sensible approach, if we spend the season in and around mid table I fully expect us to go through another 2 or 3 managers again next season. TS and a lot of the lot of fans aren't going to accept losing 15 to 20 games in League One.

Anyone who went to Bristol will realise how small-time we are in the Championship. Bars, food vans, wading through thousands of home fans to our enclave of 400. The stadium is massive and they're only a mid-table outfit. We're well out of our depth in that division
    I'd prefer to play at our level.
    What we got, one food outlet and it isn't even paying rent to the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Agree entirely

We need to get back to basics, play 4-4-2, none of that wingback stuff, nor three at the back or false 9 crap

We need a rough, tough squad that plays the game in the opposition half of the pitch and can actually pass the ball to a team mate

Instead of teams and their supporters thinking “ whoopee were playing Rotherham next” we want them to think , “oh shyte it’s Rotherham next”

We'll never be good enough to play 4-4-2 even in league 1. 4-5-1 if we don't want to lose. 3-5-2 to get 2 up front. 4-3-3 if we're going for it if we have players for that. We'll always need 3 in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    We'll never be good enough to play 4-4-2 even in league 1. 4-5-1 if we don't want to lose. 3-5-2 to get 2 up front. 4-3-3 if we're going for it if we have players for that. We'll always need 3 in midfield.
    I roll my eyes so hard at your posts, I think I'm getting repetitive strain injury.

You genuinely sound like a 12 year old kid deciding what his formation should be on Football Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    I roll my eyes so hard at your posts, I think I'm getting repetitive strain injury.

You genuinely sound like a 12 year old kid deciding what his formation should be on Football Manager.

No I go know what will work for us.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    No I go know what will work for us.
    So why do you think you know what's going to work for us when you haven't got the faintest idea what personnel we're going to have?

So why do you think you know what's going to work for us when you haven't got the faintest idea what personnel we're going to have?
    His magic eye not only sees what others cannot but it can see into the future

People on here keep telling me you don't play with wingers now so forget 4-4-2.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast