+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    14 points under Warne before he walked away and 36 points under Taylor. The stats last season .
    Just to complete that, it was 14 points from 10 games for Warne and 36 points from 31 games from Taylor (Peltier and Wood had one game in charge).
    It's wrong to say Taylor kept us up but more accurate to say he was in charge when we stayed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Mind you, you may actually be agreeing with me? Lets have you off the fence.
    Unless we win on Saturday this will be our worst ever season with regards victories, just 4. Something is clearly wrong at the club because in the past 50 years through what I estimate is 6 ownerships and 32 changes of manager we have rarely sunk to these depths apart from the 5 win seasons in 2005 and 2017, also in the 2nd tier. Apart from 1982 we have been perennial strugglers at this level with wins always hard to come by, 15 at best with around 11 being the norm. But FOUR!

Yes you are right we do lack footballing nous but we also lack something else that has seen a few clubs like BHA, Brentford and Bournemouth rise through the ranks in the past half century. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but I don't think it's because our team name doesn't begin with a B

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Just to complete that, it was 14 points from 10 games for Warne and 36 points from 31 games from Taylor (Peltier and Wood had one game in charge).
    It's wrong to say Taylor kept us up but more accurate to say he was in charge when we stayed up.
    But that’s not a record that really stands up to scrutiny

Starting with a squad that was at the peak of their fitness the 14 points came from a draw v Swansea ( who finished 10th) a victory over Reading ( who were relegated) a draw v Preston ( 12th) a draw with QPR (20th) a victory v Birmingham (17th) a draw v Watford (11th) a victory v Blackpool ( relegated) and a draw v Middlesborough.

In that “purple patch” we should have played Coventry who finished 5th and Sheffield United who gained automatic promotion but the games were postponed

So potential loses were avoided and the squad got a convenient rest

A sprint off the line gave us a decent but flattering start, achieved by avoiding the good teams

Millmoordays said "It’s our club. Not there’s. Without us there is no club."

That's a bit of a romantic notion really because none of "us" came forward to save the club when we were on the brink of extinction.
    The reality is it's not our club, we are merely supporters who pay to watch the team but our financial contribution is nowhere near enough to sustain it.
    I'm not TS's biggest fan but be under no illusion, if he walked away and no-one came forward to buy him out, we're done.
    Money is everything in football now and supporters are merely collateral damage when the well dries up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Starting with a squad that was at the peak of their fitness the 14 points came from a draw v Swansea ( who finished 10th) a victory over Reading ( who were relegated) a draw v Preston ( 12th) a draw with QPR (20th) a victory v Birmingham (17th) a draw v Watford (11th) a victory v Blackpool ( relegated) and a draw v Middlesborough.

In that “purple patch” we should have played Coventry who finished 5th and Sheffield United who gained automatic promotion but the games were postponed

A sprint off the line gave us a decent but flattering start, achieved by avoiding the good teams
    I'm not sure what your point is apart from your usual obsessive dig at Warne.
    Presumably, by your logic we didn't lose any games that we should have won against "lesser" teams under Taylor. Hmm.

Millmoordays said "It’s our club. Not there’s. Without us there is no club."

That's a bit of a romantic notion really because none of "us" came forward to save the club when we were on the brink of extinction.
    The reality is it's not our club, we are merely supporters who pay to watch the team but our financial contribution is nowhere near enough to sustain it.
    I'm not TS's biggest fan but be under no illusion, if he walked away and no-one came forward to buy him out, we're done.
    Money is everything in football now and supporters are merely collateral damage when the well dries up.

Very true

If you as a supporter paid £30 per game and went to every home game for 30 years without missing one you will have stumped up ( roughly) £21k

Just how far would £21k go in today’s football?

One months pay for an ordinary championship player maybe?

The financial input from fans is important but not as important as some fans think

Very true

If you as a supporter paid £30 per game and went to every home game for 30 years without missing one you will have stumped up ( roughly) £21k

Just how far would £21k go in today’s football?

One months pay for an ordinary championship player maybe?

The financial input from fans is important but not as important as some fans think
    Doesn’t stop them calling TS tight and demanding he fork out more millions.

Saved me replying. Couldn’t put it any better 👍.

I'm not sure what your point is apart from your usual obsessive dig at Warne.
    Presumably, by your logic we didn't lose any games that we should have won against "lesser" teams under Taylor. Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    Saved me replying. Couldn’t put it any better ��.
    In the reverse fixtures we gained 12pts under MT so just about quid pro quo I'd say considering PW had 5 home games and MT only 4.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    In the reverse fixtures we gained 12pts under MT so just about quid pro quo I'd say considering PW had 5 home games and MT only 4.
    MT also took 5 points off Burnley and Sheffield United and a draw at Luton another promoted team also winning until the last few minutes. Personally imo MT wasn’t the monster a few supporters make him out to be .This season the home form under MT wasn’t stunning but ok . Away form ,never any good whoever’s been in charge in the championship.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast