+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time For Montague And Maynard To Go Now

Time For Montague And Maynard To Go Now

Fresh and seasoned / experienced ideas needed for next season, one things for sure unless Maynard has an unbelievable season they are both on thin ice with the supporters from the start.

That interview on Magpie Circle did nothing to feel confident about, if they said that they have fecked up massively on Defensive recruitment this season I would have a lot of respect for the club, I hope behind the scenes that is the sentiment. It feels the club is going backwards on the pitch, and we are either too stubborn to acknowledge it or are very naive.

A lot of bridge building is needed by the club as most of us knew last season we weren’t good enough defensively. Time to act.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 27-04-2024 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Fresh and seasoned / experienced ideas needed for next season, one things for sure unless Maynard has an unbelievable season they are both on thin ice with the supporters from the start.

That interview on Magpie Circle did nothing to feel confident, about if they said that they have fecked up massively on Defensively recruitment this season I would have a lot of respect for him. Feels the club is going backwards on the pitch, and we are either too stubborn to acknowledge it or are very naive. A lot of bridge building needed by the club as most of us knew last season we weren’t good enough defensively. Time to act.
    Got to agree 100% I hope Maynard hasn’t moved his family up this way and taken a mortgage out.
    Won’t be here much longer hopefully

Time for the boys to get more ruthless. You get nowhere in life being nicey nice. Would be great to hear Monday morning they have parted ways with M&M. Oh carlsberg😆

Yes both should go now. SM is happy so long as Notts gets 60% possession no matter what the result so he can give an interview and brag how Notts controlled the game. Never challenged by the interviewer if Notts lost. After the after match interview I think Notts will keep most of our crap defence not yet identified new signings although we have known for ages we need a new defence .All staff responsible for recruitment should go. No great hope for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Got to agree 100% I hope Maynard hasn’t moved his family up this way and taken a mortgage out.
    Won’t be here much longer hopefully
    I get the impression from X that Mrs Maynard + daughter are very much embedded wherever they were, though Mrs Maynard does/did have family ties in Nottingham.

I really don't get all this anti-Montague sentiment. The recruiting under the current leadership has been streets ahead of anything in recent times despite some that haven't turned out so well. The owners obviously trust his judgement after working with him for more than a decade. No club is going to have a 100% hit rate in terms of recruitment, especially when seeking greater value than cost.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I really don't get all this anti-Montague sentiment. The recruiting under the current leadership has been streets ahead of anything in recent times despite some that haven't turned out so well. The owners obviously trust his judgement after working with him for more than a decade. No club is going to have a 100% hit rate in terms of recruitment, especially when seeking greater value than cost.
    It's just lazy scapegoating when there isn't even really a need to find a scapegoat. Still, mix football fans and social media and it'll always happen!

Montague needs to go as he's pissed two transfer windows up the wall with farcical recruitment, Maynard has struggled, tbh I actually find him likeable but I do worry he's not the right manager for Notts.

We should have been aggressive and fought to end the season on a high, instead we just played a passive game against a poor side.

If the players weren’t up for it then that’s down to the manager, he should have told all of the out of contract players this was their last chance to show him they were worth a new contract or to pack their kit up when they got back to Meadow Lane.

If should be as long a list as possible of released players but that should be SM’s last job before he to is released.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Absolute nonsense. Overall poor recruitment, especially the hopeless coach. We have so many players not fit to play for Notts, which is why we lose to **** teams like FGR, Sutton United etc and lose five home games on the bounce. Football is a game of opinions, but one of us is right and it's not you.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast