+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Time For Montague And Maynard To Go Now

According to " Transfer Market " the following players contracts end May/June 2024.
    Aden Baldwin , John Bostock ,Luca A-H,
    TAR, Richard Brindley , JOB Cedwyn Scott, Geraldo Bajrami , Charlie Colkett and Jaden Warner.
    I asked one player yesterday if he will be here next season and he replied he didn't know but a hat -trick against FGR would help. The other guy I asked replied he hoped to be here but didn't know anything at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    100% agree Swale. Not much wrong with our recruitment. He’s only been talked about since Maynard took over.
    Probably been more noticeable because Notts have been losing. The recruitment was starting to fail before SM took over, as LW was struggling a bit.

No one can deny that there's been some weird signings. Obviously ML and CS were good ones, but they weren't random ones. Buying the two best centre forwards from the team that won the division below you wasn't exactly rocket science.

Cowley, Bostock and Jones were talented players who just needed some love - which LW was very good at. This was a case of matching the right players with the right manager.

The rest.....well they're up for debate.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 28-04-2024 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    According to " Transfer Market " the following players contracts end May/June 2024.
    Aden Baldwin , John Bostock ,Luca A-H,
    TAR, Richard Brindley , JOB Cedwyn Scott, Geraldo Bajrami , Charlie Colkett and Jaden Warner.
    I asked one player yesterday if he will be here next season and he replied he didn't know but a hat -trick against FGR would help. The other guy I asked replied he hoped to be here but didn't know anything at this stage.
    Scott showed enough when fit to deserve another contract, JOB past his best but brings an energy, experience and professionalism that all clubs need, I hope we give him some sort of role. Sadly the others haven't shown enough for a club that wants to play at a higher level. Part of that is down to injuries but in the bits we have seen there is a lack of evidence. Baldwin is the conundrum, i enjoy a lot of what he does but boy does he mess it up at times. Wouldn't be too bothered either way if he was offered a contract. Not offering our best defender a contract would be a signal of recruitment failure but also a sign of intent to sort out the backline.
    Last edited by Togtastic; 29-04-2024 at 06:35 AM.

I just looked at the squad excluding loan players and obviously some will still be in contract but there are 18 players who I think that there is a big question mark next to their name.

I’ve thought about what are the options with current squad under contract and I would go for a 4 at the back.
    I would have Macari and Cameron at fullback as they can play a bit and have some physical presence to defend crosses. So if Baldwin stays we probably need another 2 cbs and a RB with Chicksen covering left.
    If it’s a 3 I think we need two new first choice wingbacks that can defend, basically 2 athletes and probably then, again of Baldwin stays the very least 2 more cbs with covering 3 positions.
    Digesting that I think the safer and less expensive option is the 4 and it lets JJ (if he stays) and Nemane play further forward as I just don’t think they should be anywhere near wingback.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’ve thought about what are the options with current squad under contract and I would go for a 4 at the back.
    I would have Macari and Cameron at fullback as they can play a bit and have some physical presence to defend crosses. So if Baldwin stays we probably need another 2 cbs and a RB with Chicksen covering left.
    If it’s a 3 I think we need two new first choice wingbacks that can defend, basically 2 athletes and probably then, again of Baldwin stays the very least 2 more cbs with covering 3 positions.
    Digesting that I think the safer and less expensive option is the 4 and it lets JJ (if he stays) and Nemane play further forward as I just don’t think they should be anywhere near wingback.
    Your post made sense till it mentioned Captain Calamity

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Your post made sense till it mentioned Captain Calamity
    I think he can do a job at left back where he’s not as exposed. Then playing 4231 we only really need to look at another holding midfielder and the amount of players we need doesn’t then seem so challenging.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456