+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Sports Argus.

The Sports Argus.

Being a former resident of brum, i read this over the weekend, much like the light blue in Cambridge in the 60s, covering the football. Brum had an obvious advantage reporting on all the big clubs including the black country.

There was a sports reporter, wots his name, outspoken, to the point, brilliant. Not like the radio cambs Barry puppet. In fact he might as well be Barry, the goal for next year is to finish 12 to 16, communicated by Mark Johnson recently.

Much to look forward too eh, united fans. According to Johnson, that will be progress.

This is not about that though. I remember Lye Town in the west midlands league, always near the bottom, gates of 30, the wm league is like the eastern counties league.

That today, they beat the non league giants Cambridge City, this monster club, wiping out all before them.......60 years ago.

60 years, 60 years of s hite. And today, escaping relegation to the eastern counties league by goal difference. Even reporting a win in the cambs pro cup in the week, no....not against cam united, but wisbech, went unreported on the website.

That any review before was missing.

THAT NEGLECT IS RAMPANT.

There will be no report on the Lye game, or its importance before hand.

Failure is now in the blood, indeed, there is more failure than blood in the veins, that subconsciously defeat is expected, because thats all the club does....is fail.

Even with a new ground, a miracle if it ever happens will not help, that the minds running the playing side have been destroyed.

Cambridge city are an embarrasment. Ive been watching videos on you tube of brum, and feeling homesick, yes and a cantab feeling homesick....for brum. I can go back if i want too.

At least my usual haunts will still be there, Bromsgrove Rovers, Aston Villa, Alvechurch.....and a thousand others. Stourbridge, Northfield town. And the sports argus ..probably. For all its faults brum is a good place.

Bloody hell Frank,you having a pop at Cambridge City now,you don’t even support them,why are you watching videos of them if you’ve got no interest,I don’t watch games of Forest or Carlisle in my spare time so why bother with clubs you’ve got no interest in,is it just do that you’ve got something to complain about when Utd are beating the drop into league 2?

There’s some funny videos of kittens playing with balls of wool on YouTube that’s more relevant to you if you look

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)