Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
Yes, this.

I quite like Scott Robertson as a player, not least because he's one of the few n the current team who is willing to put himself about and make proper tackles. He's had two or three poor games since arriving, but he's also been our best player in a few other games. Neil Warnoch used to talk about "bread and butter" players and Scott's one of those, winning the ball and passing it crisply and simply to an attacking player. He's also shown that he has some ability on the ball if he does need to carry it.

In effect, we've asked a 21-year lad with relatively little match experience to come in and "be" Matt Palmer, and he's made a respectable fist of it, considering he's not an identical type of player. We need a big, physical defensive midfielder to come in alongside Matt Palmer next season, which means Scott will probably revert to being Palmer's understudy, but he's got plenty of potential. I can see why Scott Brown liked him.
I have a feeling he is the defensive midfielder. We should take account of his age but having dropped down from Celtic (?) to League 1, then League 1 to League 2 because he wasn't happy with playing time, he needs to gather himself over the summer and next season affect outcomes of games positively rather than the promising spells mixed in with some pretty bad mistakes.