+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our record when Robertson plays

MP should be back in time for pre season & roaring to go

Ok i will accept all criticisms but lets see what you are saying next season.This thread could be revisited i am telling you the guy is ordinary and not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    I hope so, but as we’ve seen with Scott, it’s going to take a while for him to get back to his best. I’m sure the club will be nursing him back carefully, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I hope so, but as we’ve seen with Scott, it’s going to take a while for him to get back to his best. I’m sure the club will be nursing him back carefully, though.
    At least he should have the pre-season to get fit.

Robertson a good prospect

It will take time to see the best of Robertson, he works hard, can tackle and has ability. Also it must be very difficult playing in a team whose defense is a laughing stock in division 2. Teams playing County have an easy plan to get 3 points, press high and you will be gifted chances, that is why our record against most teams in the League has been so poor and is certainly not down to bad luck as certain members of management have been trying to fob us of with

I’ve probably missed it, but has anyone said Palmer is likely to be fit for pre season?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’ve probably missed it, but has anyone said Palmer is likely to be fit for pre season?
    I thought they said it would be a bit later than that, but no official date offered. It was noticeable at the open training day that he and Baj were still doing very basic fitness work away from the main group.

Hopefully. However when players have serious long term injuries they don’t always fully recover. We won’t know about Cedwyn either for a while. Or Baj.

Quote Originally Posted by meltonpye View Post
    It will take time to see the best of Robertson, he works hard, can tackle and has ability. Also it must be very difficult playing in a team whose defense is a laughing stock in division 2. Teams playing County have an easy plan to get 3 points, press high and you will be gifted chances, that is why our record against most teams in the League has been so poor and is certainly not down to bad luck as certain members of management have been trying to fob us of with
    Yes, this.

I quite like Scott Robertson as a player, not least because he's one of the few n the current team who is willing to put himself about and make proper tackles. He's had two or three poor games since arriving, but he's also been our best player in a few other games. Neil Warnoch used to talk about "bread and butter" players and Scott's one of those, winning the ball and passing it crisply and simply to an attacking player. He's also shown that he has some ability on the ball if he does need to carry it.

In effect, we've asked a 21-year lad with relatively little match experience to come in and "be" Matt Palmer, and he's made a respectable fist of it, considering he's not an identical type of player. We need a big, physical defensive midfielder to come in alongside Matt Palmer next season, which means Scott will probably revert to being Palmer's understudy, but he's got plenty of potential. I can see why Scott Brown liked him.
    Last edited by jackal2; 28-04-2024 at 01:22 PM.

In my opinion one of our better players and certainly one who is likely to improve. He is evidently a work in progress but he has brought a bit of steel to our midfield and I would suggest you look at the Stockport game as both our goals came from forward passes by Robertson, the second of which he recieves the ball back from a one-two in the opponents box. Additionally he rarely takes more than two touches which suggests he could play at a higher tempo if we werent so bloody cautious.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast