+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Brindley gone...

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I'm hoping it's 3 or 4 of the 7 who will be moving on.
    Bajrami is the difficult one for me. You tend to want to give injured players a chance but if pushed I really don't think he's going to be a contributing EFL player for us.

I want Baldwin and Bostock to be offered contracts. AB might well turn it down, JB I suspect wouldn't. It'll be interesting.
    Are you for reel, Bostock has been the main problem why we have become pedestrian... And take Didzy with him..

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Bostock needs to go. He's not a regular starter now in what is a weak centre midfield and he's getting slower by the month. I'm pretty sure he'll be released to free up budget.
    Good luck to Brins, he's done his best for us and been pretty consistent for the most part although I think release g him is the correct decision.
    Totally agree Bostock needs to go.

Overall not a bad player, but nothing more than a steady player. I'm personally happy he's gone as it gives me hope that the club will be more ruthless this summer. It wouldn't shock me to see him join Woking. Good luck to him though wherever he goes, he seems a nice chap.

Good luck Brinds I loved your contributions to the Notts cause I the thought you were a class player with good tecknique best off luck for the future.

These guys take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    These guys take on it.
    Wots your name again?

His goal vs Torquay was a sizzler but as others have alluded to we can probably get someone in using his wages who'll get more game time at this level.

Good luck Brinds and thanks for everything you've contributed to the club....at his best was a very classy defender but obviously needs more game time at this stage of his career!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Disagree, I think his best prolonged spell was when he played RCB for Burchnall and it was mainly DKE he had next to him (IB wouldn't play Nemane remember). That was better IMO than when he played RB for Ardley.

It's thinking about RB that makes it tricky to think what he'll move on to. He's just not one for bombing up and down the line and covering the distances at speed. If a manager wants him at RB it'll be one that's happy for his full-backs to stay back, hold their position and be tidy with the ball. Most want more than that though probably.
    I agree and that’s why I said the last 12 months. This season he looked scared to get the ball, physically losing his battles so probably a combination with nemane next to him and a level up has done him.

It's not very often before the Reedz brothers reign in the previous 20 years that we have said goodbye to a player who has spent five consecutive years at the club.

Richard Brindley leaves with thanks for his contributions and will always be a part of the squad of the undeniable heroes who got us back to where we belong, so should be respected for that.

We are now at a crossroads where some long standing players and the club will move in different directions which this departure is an example. But the fact that we have players who have stayed with the club for many years shows stability, consistency and the club doing something right behind the scenes. Hopefully there will be more players who in the future will have provided such lengthy service which is rare these days.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast