+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brindley gone...

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It's thinking about RB that makes it tricky to think what he'll move on to. He's just not one for bombing up and down the line and covering the distances at speed. If a manager wants him at RB it'll be one that's happy for his full-backs to stay back, hold their position and be tidy with the ball. Most want more than that though probably.
    I was saying the same. Brindley has always looked comfortable on the ball and seems to have all the attributes you'd want for a decent full-back, but he never seemed aggressive or determined enough either at the back or going forward.

Expecting a few more announcements later. Brinds made it public himself so others may do the same

When Brindley first came in, I was surprised as DKE had started that season very well.

But at times, when he played week-in-week-out, Brindley was genuine Rolls Royce stuff. It was so clear he’d played at a good level previously and was technically and tactically very good.

That became evident when he moved to RCB. We were clearly a cut above most teams, but he slotted in so well.

I think he’d be a sound signing for a L2 club and if you keep him fit and playing every week, he’d turn out some good performances.

Always enjoyed listening to him speak too. Very insightful and thoughtful.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    When Brindley first came in, I was surprised as DKE had started that season very well.

But at times, when he played week-in-week-out, Brindley was genuine Rolls Royce stuff. It was so clear he’d played at a good level previously and was technically and tactically very good.

That became evident when he moved to RCB. We were clearly a cut above most teams, but he slotted in so well.

I think he’d be a sound signing for a L2 club and if you keep him fit and playing every week, he’d turn out some good performances.

Always enjoyed listening to him speak too. Very insightful and thoughtful.
    Him and Lacey are definitely very cultured defenders. Very well spoken and understand the game well. Just a shame both seem to be made of glass

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Him and Lacey are definitely very cultured defenders. Very well spoken and understand the game well. Just a shame both seem to be made of glass
    100%. I think Lacey would have suited our current system very well.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    100%. I think Lacey would have suited our current system very well.
    Lacey was one of my favorite ever players in a Notts shirt... just unbelievably good on his day and he had many of those but made of total chocolate unfortunately

As for Brindley...a very decent player..always looked like he put in a shift but also very injury prone, leaves with a lot of thanks from me for helping us out of that god awful National league...hope he finds a new club soon

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345