Despite finishing 6th and being involved in yet another play off campaign, I've never known such a flat atmosphere around the club which is strange considering that these matches (play offs) bring with them a kind of fever pitch atmosphere and anticipation normally.

Speaking for myself, I can't really get myself motivated when normally I'd be licking my lips at such a prospect like the play offs and counting the days down.

Lads I've spoken to at work are also a bit subdued. The forums are not exactly full of optimism either. The fans turned up on Saturday but with what was at stake, again there was a subdued atmosphere inside Oakwell. Obviously the early kick off time didn't help but let's be perfectly honest, the display was poor and the recent run of bad performances and results as well as the decisions upstairs have destroyed the feel good factor that normally surrounds these occasions.

Having given it some thought, I think that despite our season, there's been much conflict between the fans with not only the style of football served up but the off field problems (the board) too.

Realistically looking at it, we are entering a cup competition with the prize of promotion obviously up for grabs. It's a totally separate entity. The fact it is just that is the only thing I can draw upon to gain any optimism.

Some are saying that they just want the season over with which kind of sums up the current mood. What do you guys think? Your thoughts please