+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Play offs

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yeah that's all he ever does, pathetic really!. 💩
    Coming from a keyboard warrior who has never put a foot in Oakwell for 20 years.

Football in general is different to when we all started out watching it. Difficult to get the same buzz and excitement from watching any game. The characters, passion, loyalty have all departed and apathy has set in.

Sick of hearing the daft woman cheerleader who reckons to run the club. I sit there and don’t know who some of the players are sometimes

Just as an aside.

I havent been a fan of Collins, even though his cards were shyte from day one, he had no flexibility on tactics and team selections and substitutions were baffling at times. The results tailed off to relegation levels.
    However he and the players managed a play off spot, well above my expectations.

When they decided to sack him with 1 game to play, you would have though savvy business people would have already had their preferred replacement lined up to focus on the play off campaign.

Oh no, not at Barnsley, we find their reported first choice, failed ex Oostende KV manager under Conway and Lee, cant get a work visa.

Amateur hour beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Coming from a keyboard warrior who has never put a foot in Oakwell for 20 years.
    You really know that for sure do you ehh, exactly, seriously ?... Mr tedious dinosaur tyke. 💩
    And that doesn't prove the thread wrong, your on here and next door as well, for your usual pathetic cheap shots, with nothing interesting to say. 💩

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    On here for thi usual cheap shot a see
    Cheap shot WHF, Unlike you I call it what it is but you don't have the guts to say it, I have supported Barnsley Football Club for more years than you were born, and actually, in 1970 I signed on for this great club in 1970 as an amateur and have put on the red shirt of Barnsley Football Club and played at venues such as Blundle Park, Bloomfield Road and The Shay to name but 3 not in the 1st team of course but in the intermediates so don't come telling me I'm taking a cheap shot. I'll be at Oakwell when we play Bolton and not at some S*** oil like Sheffield or Wakefield whatching them throw a egg around the field.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Cheap shot WHF, Unlike you I call it what it is but you don't have the guts to say it, I have supported Barnsley Football Club for more years than you were born, and actually, in 1970 I signed on for this great club in 1970 as an amateur and have put on the red shirt of Barnsley Football Club and played at venues such as Blundle Park, Bloomfield Road and The Shay to name but 3 not in the 1st team of course but in the intermediates so don't come telling me I'm taking a cheap shot. I'll be at Oakwell when we play Bolton and not at some S*** oil like Sheffield or Wakefield whatching them throw a egg around the field.
    Cheers fot history lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Now the Pass as much as I want the Reds to get to Wembley an beyond ( once a red always a red ) I just can’t see it myself as the wheels seem to be have truly come off. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail and that’s where we are manager-less going into two massive games.

I we fail would it be a bad thing, I don’t think so, I’m just watching Ipswich for the 2nd time in five days and I just can’t see how these owners could prepare us for the Championship other than making us the whipping boys of the division.

I have actually like many others “ judged them by their actions “ which are nothing short of appalling.
    Good post Poggy , you echo my thoughts perfectly !!

"Judge them by their actions"--

I wonder how much of the latest tale is kosher, some posters on BBS claiming to be In The Know are insisting it is correct.

The Board had a replacement ready to announce following the sacking of Collins. He was Dominik Thalhammer, an Austrian who had spent 9 years coaching the Austrian Women's national team and whose last club was KV Ostend (of Conway fame) from which he was sacked following relegation. A pre contract was agreed and he flew into Manchester to finalise details.
    The usual feck up then developed as it was found he didn't meet the visa requirements. I thought we had brought in Ann Hough as Head of Football Operations and Club Secretary to avoid such basic errors after the FA Cup fiasco.

It all has a ring of truth about it. The silence from the club on strategy or progress on appointing a new HC has been deafening.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-05-2024 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    Well said Barnsley whites
    Your lot will be hell bent on revenge for last season’s playoff and tb honest you’ll get it
    We’re in disarray now, ambling into playoffs, a rudderless ship with a defence that would give a watching Buddhist monk palpitations
    It’s a cup tie that being said
    A penalty awarded with a sending off could occur and it is in the melting pot
    To answer your post pass I feel pessimistic and resigned to our fate
    This could just prolong our agony
    I really hope I’m wrong and the football gods are with us

We’re certainly looking for revenge for last year Dingle but only because we just never turned up and did ourselves justice in either game. Of course the very same thing could happen again because if anything we do have a problem of being mentally fragile when things don’t go our way. As you say though, in one game anything can change fortunes, a penalty, a sending off or even an injury and certainly a bad referee. All these things can change a game but despite how badly you’ve been playing recently if a player like Cole gets on form he can win a game himself. You also have a good keeper and it’s small margins that can affect things. Obviously on paper we look favourites but as we’ve seen so many times the games played on grass and can go any way. I hope we win obviously but if you play better and deserve it as you did last year then fair play and good luck to you.

Thanks bwhites, that’s class pal
    Best of luck to you too
    At least Wednesday aren’t in it this time with their name written all over it

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast