+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JOB has been a real stalwart for Notts. Thanks & good luck!

Midfield and up front still looks strong. Now got scope for a new defence. Sad to see Bostock go but overall seems the right calls to make

Quote Originally Posted by Notts66 View Post
    Harsh on Chicken. Justified for Morias
    Lets wait and see on Morias we dont know why he has been out of the squad for all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I like Baldwin but he's too accident prone so probably the correct decision. Morais not being released or having his contract torn up is very strange. I don't mind Slocombe as back up, but Teirnan Brooks deserves a chance now imo.
    I can't fathom the infatuation some fans have with Brooks. We need to sign a proper, experienced goalkeeper with a proven pedigree - we will never get promoted from this league without one

Strangely emotional seeing that retained list and reading the words from the owners about them. Regardless of this season they brought us back to the EFL and gave some great memories. That being said I think they’ve got it spot on and it frees up some room for others to come in. A little bit surprised that Morias hasn’t been put on the transfer list too though.

Can we see any takers for Rawlo, Stone, and Randall? Doubt anyone will want to be paying what we’d like….may have to be free transfers. I wonder if any of them could be used as make weights for any players we may be interested in at other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    I can't fathom the infatuation some fans have with Brooks. We need to sign a proper, experienced goalkeeper with a proven pedigree - we will never get promoted from this league without one
    That's just not true at all. A few years ago Mansfield were 1 win away from promotion with a 21 year old in net who'd only played 31 games in his career. Wrexham have just won promotion with a 22 year old in net who's only experience of first team football in England was 23 games for Crewe. Wrexham fans have said Okonkwo is one of the main reasons they went up btw. They're desperate to have him back next season.

Not sure about the age comment, but Brooks and his fans are really at the end of the line.
    A quick look at Rochdale fans tells you that when he's playing week in, week out...he's not good enough, especially his distribution.

He should have been released, along with Morias, Slocombe and Chicksen.

If we're assuming McGoldrick will be a sub type player next year and if Macca does leave...we are short up front imo.

Credit to the club though. A few hard decisions, but probably the right ones overall.

Agree with this, Brooks for me was not the right fit when he played in those games in the NL for us. His distribution was dire and his command of the box lacking but decent shot stopper. A downgrade on LAH and we've sent him in his way. If we're going for a younger keeper to challenge Slocombe, Mair? Decent keeper, very good distribution, folk hero to boot

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Strangely emotional seeing that retained list and reading the words from the owners about them. Regardless of this season they brought us back to the EFL and gave some great memories. That being said I think they’ve got it spot on and it frees up some room for others to come in. A little bit surprised that Morias hasn’t been put on the transfer list too though.

Can we see any takers for Rawlo, Stone, and Randall? Doubt anyone will want to be paying what we’d like….may have to be free transfers. I wonder if any of them could be used as make weights for any players we may be interested in at other clubs.
    I think by saying transfer listed, it is saying they're free to find other clubs

Overall it's a fair assessment of the 2023/24 squad and perhaps a statement of intent for next season.
    JOB is the main dissapointment for me but his best days are behind him. I have loved his energy and will miss his unseen runs and the rants and gesticulations that follow. Thanks Jim, you showed you cared.
    An admission that Stone isn't the player they thought they'd bought and that despite being our best defender Baldwin has a couple of traits and habits that cant be ignored.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast