+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Agree with all this. I loved watching Jim play, bravery can be shown in many ways and I always appreciated his bravery to try and make something happen when others were hiding. I still can’t believe his runs from deep were rarely to never found! Still find it odd he wasn’t club captain, the player in the squad who appeared to have the character for it.

……

Regarding the transfer list….im right in thinking they are still our players and if no-one signs them they will still be at the club next season? It’s not as if we have paid them off is it? I’m a bit confused by what CBP said.
    There's a limited squad size so it's likely the transfer listed players just won't be given a squad number leaving them in limbo, training every day but no chance of ever making the bench.

Sorry for Jim - great servant who always gave 100%, shame we can't offer him a plater/coach role. To the rest, we can move on with thanks but can do much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Not sure about the age comment, but Brooks and his fans are really at the end of the line.
    A quick look at Rochdale fans tells you that when he's playing week in, week out...he's not good enough, especially his distribution.

He should have been released, along with Morias, Slocombe and Chicksen.

If we're assuming McGoldrick will be a sub type player next year and if Macca does leave...we are short up front imo.

Credit to the club though. A few hard decisions, but probably the right ones overall.
    I think most fans will be happy with that list.

Don’t think there’s anything overly surprising in todays announcement.

Lots to like about what’s left. Clearly the defence needed a rebuild and the decisions taken today should fully allow for that. I’m glad Bajrami has been offered an extension too. Contrary to what many think, I also think there’s a player somewhere inside Aden Baldwin; I think he could carve out a good career for himself but fully agree with the decision to let him go.

Sad to see JOB and Brindley go as well as Connell being made available for transfer, mainly due to them being big parts of the last 4 years or so. I would hope if they came back they’d get plenty of love from the faithful.

Personally, I’m a massive fan of Bostock but I can fully understand why he’s been allowed to move on. We’ll always have Wembley.

Let the new signings roll.

I can’t disagree with that list apart from Morias but tbf the coaching staff before and now have definitely seen a lot more of him than we have. I hate to say it but it could be that Macca is going as I don’t think we need 5 strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I can’t disagree with that list apart from Morias but tbf the coaching staff before and now have definitely seen a lot more of him than we have. I hate to say it but it could be that Macca is going as I don’t think we need 5 strikers.
    Maybe, but I got the impression that Scott wasn’t 100% sure about signing. Perhaps Scott is the one the club fear may leave so have kept Morias as some kind of poor insurance.

Glad we’re keeping Chicksen. He’s a speedy option on the left wing and pops up with the odd goal. Apart from that, he’s the only player Camaron will pass to after the familiar 2 me 2 you has got us nowhere.

I'm in agreement with most of the comments and also the sentiments for JOB.
    Always a battler and good club man and as others have said should have been selected before John Bostock since January.
    Maynard probably glad to see Jim gone, as Jim being an old school professional would be insistent on seeing things done correctly. In addition a caretaker manager waiting in the wings too !
    All the Notts supporters I've spoken to were in favour of Jim being retained in a player/coach role.
    Our loss (and a young players mentor ) will be a positive gain for whichever club employs him.
    Thanks to those moving on for their efforts and the memories they gave left behind.
    Best wishes to them all for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Agree with all this. I loved watching Jim play, bravery can be shown in many ways and I always appreciated his bravery to try and make something happen when others were hiding. I still can’t believe his runs from deep were rarely to never found! Still find it odd he wasn’t club captain, the player in the squad who appeared to have the character for it.

……

Regarding the transfer list….im right in thinking they are still our players and if no-one signs them they will still be at the club next season? It’s not as if we have paid them off is it? I’m a bit confused by what CBP said.
    They're under contract but if they can find another club, they can go. If they can't find one, they'll still be our players but probably won't be registered for the squad and won't play

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    We'd have to sign someone if Langstaff left though.

Morias has been unavailable for a while and like I said earlier nobody knows the issue it could be personal or he could just keep getting injured !

We cant rely on Jatta, Mcgoldrick and Scott coming off a 9 month injury we'd HAVE to get a new one in.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast